GP2X Xynth Windowing System

This would be awsome to have on the GP2X. I would love to see someone port it over. Not sure how hard it would be. I only wish I wasn't such a n00b so I could do it myself.

Oh well.... props to anyone who converts this over to GP2X

timbobsteve posted on Dec 16 2005 at 03:28 AM said:
This would be awsome to have on the GP2X. I would love to see someone port it over. Not sure how hard it would be. I only wish I wasn't such a n00b so I could do it myself.

Oh well.... props to anyone who converts this over to GP2X
Glad you like it, I just discovered yesterday and thought it could be quite useful, but I am myself too n00bish to port or code anything interesting...
As I said its based upon linux components so it shouldnt be too hard to port, or at least I hope so ;D !!

Last edited by a moderator:
anhanguera posted on Feb 2 2006 at 09:41 PM said:
hi all,

i am a bit late, i found this site while i was seraching about gp2x on google. and today i bought a brand new gp2x, i found myself playing with the toolchain..

and here is the result;
http://gsulinux.org/~distch/projects/xynth...th_gp32x_01.png
http://gsulinux.org/~distch/projects/xynth...th_gp32x_02.png

btw, thanks to everyone for the wiki. (a lot of information)

alper akcan "anhanguera" [http://gsulinux.org/~distch]

Whoa, That looks cool :blink: Damn i want gp2x NOW. Need money. Allready really cool ports and emulators, i want to develop games to gp2x myself too! :p

That does look REALLY cool. Is it useful at this point with regards to applications and the like, or is there still some fleshing out to do?

wow .. quick port .. are we looking at the death of the gp2xmenu and the birth of a whole new interface for the GP2X?

ffs... if people are going to use a digital camera to take photos of their GP2X, get the thing in focus! How many blurry, smudgy photos of the GP2X do we need? Are all your family photos like that? "Is that Aunt May or Uncle Bob? I can't tell because they're a blurry blob."

slygamer posted on Feb 3 2006 at 09:19 AM said:
ffs... if people are going to use a digital camera to take photos of their GP2X, get the thing in focus! How many blurry, smudgy photos of the GP2X do we need? Are all your family photos like that? "Is that Aunt May or Uncle Bob? I can't tell because they're a blurry blob."

See, this is why I got a nice, manual focus digital SLR (spits on cheap digital camera) :)

Allan.

hi,

timbobsteve posted on Feb 3 2006 at 06:31 AM said:
@anhanguera: are you the original porter of Xynth to PSP?

man i am the maintainer of xynth, ofcourse i have ported xynth to ps2, psp, sdl, gp2x, vesa bios, fbdev, sdl. anyway i wrote xynth ;)

cheers.

anhanguera posted on Feb 3 2006 at 09:13 AM said:
man i am the maintainer of xynth, ofcourse i have ported xynth to ps2, psp, sdl, gp2x, vesa bios, fbdev, sdl. anyway i wrote xynth ;)

This is incredible!! I have downloaded from your web the gp2x version and.. It's great!! this opens a new window for GP2x applications, now we have some kind of PDA power!!! ;)

Keep on working!! Sure we will enjoy this port of Xynth!!!!!!

Thank you very much!!!

P.D: Please!!! We want "mines" working!!! :lol:

very cool, only a few things i didnt like with this litle tech demo. the mouse was SLOW and the windows were HUGE other than that fantastic!

So show us a photo you make showing this nice work or shut up ! :angry:

Back