Ym-Player

animator75

Website
Visit site
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone have any plans on making a YM-Player for the GP32. Over at Equinox there is a Java player that might work on the GP32 Java Emu, but I have never tried that emu so I don't know, also that Java applet is not open source as far as I know, I will drop them a mail and ask :) . There are also some opensource players that might make good ports, like the "sc68 - Atari ST and Amiga music player"

Equinox Java Player
http://equinox.planet-d.net/java/soundchip_emulator/

SC68
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc68/

I just talked to Arnaud Carré (Leonard, Author of ST-Sound) I rememberd that he made a port of ST-Sound to GBA a while ago. But he has no plans nor the time to port it to the GP32 :( Just have to wait and see I guess..

There are already some ST and Amiga MOD players available. C64 sid as well. I'm not sure if they cover all the formats though. If you mean internal sound generation, then we are out of luck, although you could use Castaway to run Atari music disks (it'll play internal sounds well, but fuck up samples)

Unfortunately the Java player won't work. The GP player is a 'java like' language called Waba. It won't run Java applets direct. I think it uses similar syntax to make porting to it fairly easy though. That Equinoz player is cool, especialy the effects :)

oh. the players we've got are here:

http://www.gp32x.de/gp32download.php?do_w...ectfolder&id=28

MOD/XM/S3M/IT also sid and atari800 music files are supported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.
It seems those players only play soundtracker mods. What I want is a YM-Chip player. One of the problems with YM-Players is that there was alot of strange formats and special tweaks. Like digidrums, syncbuzzer base, Sid emulation. But some Players sound almost identical to the real thing, (I can't really hear any difference) I suppose I can load some music-demos into Castaway, use high frameskip and lower CPU frequency. But it would be nicer to have a dedicated player running at 66Mhz, also demos are a bit tricky to run on Castaway.

You might be in luck... I am thinking about making a YM player for GP32. I will take a look at how ST sound works and may consider porting it to GP32. Don't get too exited yet though :p I haven't been coding for long.

Wohoo! I'm allready all exited :p If you need any graphics for an introscreen or frontend (or whatever) I would be happy to help :)

I don't think I will be able to do it for a long time.. :( The SDL version is written in Pascal for a start, which I don't code in... Possibly a project for the future though if its not already done by the time I have enough skill to code it.

Perhaps I could make a post inte the development forum, there have been som people wanting to find good things to port :)

animator75 posted on Sep 2 2003 said:
I just talked to Arnaud Carré (Leonard, Author of ST-Sound) I rememberd that he made a port of ST-Sound to GBA a while ago. But he has no plans nor the time to port it to the GP32 :( Just have to wait and see I guess..
I also emailed Around a while ago, he asked if the ST emulator ran demos, and that would persuade him to geta GP32 and start development.

matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back