Your Votes for the [ Significant Improvement ] Category

What is, in your mind, the Most Significant Improvement made to the following Entries? Please try to

• SL4P14.1, SOLEIL14.1/SOLA by Linux-SWAT

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Cannonball (with track editor) by PtitSeb

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Snowman Reloaded by Ziz

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • HackerBooks by Ekianjo

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Anki by Ekianjo

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Stella by SvOlli

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Qjackctl by Canseco

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Atari 800 EX by Commander-beef

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Zdoom by PtitSeb

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Pandora Image Viewer by _wb_

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Qemu Dos Games Pack by IngoReis

Votes: 14 16.3%

• Total voters

Update is on the Repo,only Bugfixes.

The Ram Problem on CC Pandoras should be fixed now.

Enjoy playing ;)
Excuse me, but in how many threads do you want to post this? I fix something nearly every day and don't post it here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh? Ok i made that because i thought maybe someone read this Thread earlier and dont see the Update in the other Thread.

Ok i promise to post lesser postings like this ;)

I have some concerns regarding legality of Ingoreis's pack given my past with DOSGames Forums as an admin there.

A few things come to mind.

1. Skyroads explicitly says in its readme "This program must be distributed as a single unit, with all accompanying files included and intact in their original form. Same applies to Skyroads Xmas

2. Stunts is not freeware, it is abandonware. It cannot be included in this pack nor distributed on the Repo. 

3. Settlers is Abandonware

There's probably a lot more. I feel that if this wasn't checked or cannot be altered already it'll have to be removed from the competition

If its on dosgames.com / dosgamesarchive.com then its most definately freeware or shareware. Home of the UnderDogs, Dosgames Online (This site used to be cool) and XTCabandonware are most likely not.

No Problem,i will delete this Games this Evening and reupload the PND without these.

Thx for Infomation before bad Things happen ;)

But Stunts?

I readed on Wikipedia that its real Freeware,i am shure that i had read that.

However when you want that i delete this Games,i follow.

Sorry when the Text display not correct,sometimes have Tapatalk Problems.

Edit: And i think i added the Settlers Demoversion inside? Not Full Version,that should be no Problem :)

Can you do a little for me?

Please see in Wikipedia again,i am shure that Stunts first was Abbandonware but in last Years it changed for real Freeware.

Can you confirm that?

I will fix it this Evening then ;)

Thx for Infos and corrections,help is ever Welcome ;)

Edit Edit:

German Wikipedia wrote:

Stunts heute

Obwohl das Spiel nunmehr mehr als zwanzig Jahre alt

ist, erfreut es sich immer noch weltweiter Beliebtheit.

Nachdem bereits Ende der 1990er das Spiel als

Abandonware bzw. von den Entwicklerfirmen selbst als

Freeware deklariert wurde, entdeckten viele Menschen

das Spiel neu.

Quote End.

I cannot translate this good but short: Stunts was first Abbandonware and then real Freeware from the Developers of Stunts.

What mean you?

I released it with Stunts because this Information.

This Evening will i remove The Skyroads.

Settlers should be the Demoversion,i will check it this Evening,promise.

Even if a software is freeware, a demo or both, that doesn't automatically mean you are free to republish it.

If you can't find a license for a software, you have in fact no rights for anything including republishing.

Same for freeware. We already had the case in the repository: A person made/ported a freeware game and uploaded it to the repository. Later sswarm copied it to his repository, although the freeware license didn't allow republishing!

Demoversions are not to try for all?
Strange that i get this Information now
and not at the Rebirth Competition 2 Years before.
Shure?

Are Demoversions not free to copy?
This is realy the first Time i heard this.
I am now complete wondered and confuse about this.

Edit : ok i will disble the Download this Evening and read and will research for every Thing the Licences.

Informations come soon ;)
Thx for Reinform me/warn me/protect me before something bad happen....any help is realy welcome ;)

I already did this when you announced it. However: Most of the time a demo or freeware developer want you to distribute his/her work. But without a license you can't be sure. ;)

It's neccessary to include the license for every single piece anyway, because otherwise the user cannot know about usage restrictions (e.g. non commercial, no reverse engineering) and other terms (e.g. exclusion of liability), and may do something illegal by accident (e.g. showcasing your PND on a conference). Besides that, redistribution without a prominent copy of the license conditions is forbidden by pretty much any license on the planet (even 2-clause-BSD requires that while allowing just about everything else).

This is a hard category to vote, especially for me as I've not used some of these before now.

Appreciate that some of the improvements done on these are a lot of work, certainly seems it anyway from the descriptions of changes.

I'm impressed a lot though with the new VIM thumbnails. It's really nice to have it so easy to view a single image, 2 images, 4 images, loads of images :) And so fast too loading them too. Great for viewing my images

Pew! This category is hard for me to vote.

There are quite some apps here that I really do use and like!

And a couple of new apps (at least new to me).

I fear I won't be able to try them all :(

The competition seems to be fierce for the first and second places... just a reminder that you have until March 5th (wednesday) 11:59 UTC to vote! not much time left!

Little Update from me,i finished my DosPND and reupload it this Evening.

I thank you so much for waiting for me to Update/Reconfigure it.

The Skyroad Games are out but i saw in the Licences that i can release them as a Single PND in the Future.

What is the license for the other entries by the way?

I assume it's all FOSS except Commander-beef's Atari 800 EX launcher and (obviously) the DOS game pack, but it's not always clearly indicated on the repo so I'm not sure.

What is the license for the other entries by the way?

I assume it's all FOSS except Commander-beef's Atari 800 EX launcher and (obviously) the DOS game pack, but it's not always clearly indicated on the repo so I'm not sure.
DOS games pack should be FOSS over all becuase of QEMU. The games included in this PND doesnt change the qemu license in PND, so it might be threated like FOSS. 

But the IMPROVEMENTS are only the closed source dos games in the pack. ;)

But the IMPROVEMENTS are only the closed source dos games in the pack. ;)
Ingo should explain this, because he could add some custom bat'ches into the build, and this qualifies to improvement above packing new games into image.. 

My post was not about the work needed to make such a package and whether this is the improvement required from this category. My post was about the closed source character of the improvement. :)

Back