Youth Risking His Step Dad's Job

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
I just read this news (well, actually a few hours ago):

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EE...ulAbGaPCqUk.php

It’s pretty common for kids to go trolling on game forums and make obnoxious claims such as having a go on the Xbox 360 in their own home. Well, this thread on Gamespot started that way, except the kid actually backed up his claims with these photos:

seriously, what was this guy thinking? It's not a good idea to post something like this when your sted dad is bound to a NDA. And it's even worse to post close up pics of the Serial or whatever you might call it. And if that wasn't enough, he posted his step dads name AND A PIC OF HIS STEP DADS EMPLOYEE PASS ON THE GAMESPOT FORUMS!!!! This will probably get his father fired, bcause he wanted his 15 minutes of fame!

What a moron!

Don't see what the big deal is though. It is a picture of some kid with a 360 next to him. BFD, it is not like there are pictures of secret games or they reveal some secret hardware feature. We have already seen better pics than this of the system and dashboard ;)

Well, but there's an NDA (non-disclosure-agreement (sp?)). And by publishing pics of the devkit, you break the NDA. Well, it wouldn't be that bad, if the kid wouldn't have made closeups of the serial sticker and his fathers employee pass (He posted that because he wanted to show proof). Now MS knows who's responsible for these images and can take strict "measurements".

well, I think i explained it already, but I'll do it again.

There's an NDA. This NDA forbids the person sigining the NDA (which probably is part of a working contract) to release an info/pics of the devkit. By giving his step-son access to the console, he already broke the NDA. No one would have cared/known if the kid didn't tell anyone (the kid probably had an "NDA" with his step-dad, too). Well, even posting pics of himself playing the xbox 360 wouldn't have hurt. I mean, who would have known who's responsible for this? No one. But by posting the name/detail of his step dad, he got him into big trouble. It's not that MS would care about any info beeing "leaked" (as there is no new info or anything we wouldn't have known already), but they care about one of their employees breaking the NDA, which basicaly means braking a contract with MS.

Back