Release Zelda Classic For Pandora

Hitnrun

whatiszc.gif

New version now with scaled graphics.

For this to work, you need to delete your previous "appdata/zeldaclassic" folder (or only the "ag.cfg" file if you have save files).
If you never ran Zelda Classic on your Pandora before, it should work correctly.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,185

It doesn't show up in my Games or Emulators.

Was all stoked to try it out. I had it installed before, but never played it. I deleted the files in my Menu folder and in my Appdata folder. Gonna try deleting it and installing it again.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

EDIT: First download was only 8MB... 2nd download is 12.8MB but the Pandora still won't find it on the SD Card under Games. Documentation works.

Mjlink said:
It doesn't show up in my Games or Emulators.

Was all stoked to try it out. I had it installed before, but never played it. I deleted the files in my Menu folder and in my Appdata folder. Gonna try deleting it and installing it again.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

It appears on the "Others" menu, I tried many times to find the correct category, but failed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to download it with Firefox via the Pandora. For some reason, it wasn't finding the file otherwise. Not sure if its me, or something with my current OS Zaxxon Hotfix 4 Beta 1.

It works with sound as well. Thank you for the time and effort!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Thank you.

Is it fullspeed?

And are there quests available rivaling the quality and size of "A Link to the Past"?

john4p said:
Thank you.

Is it fullspeed?

And are there quests available rivaling the quality and size of "A Link to the Past"?

Well, it is fullspeed in the sense that it runs at 30fps, so it is totally playable.

There are supposed to be very good quests, there is a ranking on the Zelda Classic page, ED is always raving about ZC so he should know better :)

Hitnrun, think there's any room for speedups in the code?

Unfortunately; while scaling is pretty much a necessity; it slows things down quite a bit. Got 46fps on the default quest at 800mhz. i suppose music, if added, would slow it down even more.

otherwise, keep up the good work.

naples39 said:
Hitnrun, think there's any room for speedups in the code?

Unfortunately; while scaling is pretty much a necessity; it slows things down quite a bit. Got 46fps on the default quest at 800mhz. i suppose music, if added, would slow it down even more.

otherwise, keep up the good work.

Yes, this is a totally unoptimized just compiled from the original source port. Even allegro, I just built it from the default source, with all the ia32 asm routines turned off. There will be definitely improvements in the future.

I also now remembered that I compiled allegro without any Pandora-optimized flags, I am testing this just now if there are improvements.

In my head, I am certain it is possible to attain 60fps at some time in the future.

Back