Release Zelda Classic For Pandora

Hitnrun

whatiszc.gif

Now scaled, with optimized allegro, corrected keys and with MUSIC support!

The Allegro compiled with the arm flags really made a difference, now with sound, music, scaled, and running at 43fps!

The bad news is that the music patches added 45mb to the file!
I don't know if my hosting will support too many downloads, but if it doesn't, I'm sure ED will find somewhere for me to put it :)

Now you can play it ED, let this stress that is inside you vanish a little!

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,188

Forgot to put on the description, the keys are:

Start - Start
A - B
X - A
L - L
R - R
Map - ENTER

Great to see the releases being pumped out. Looking forward to giving it a shot.

Aaaaaaah :D

Zelda Classic, Zelda RotH, OpenSonic... so much cool new stuff to play :D

And sooo little time due to replying mails and working on patches... d'oh! :)

Thaaaaank you :D

I don't know if my hosting will support too many downloads, but if it doesn't, I'm sure ED will find somewhere for me to put it

Umm... why didn't you simply upload it to the archive? :)

Hitnrun said:
Well, it is fullspeed in the sense that it runs at 30fps, so it is totally playable.

There are supposed to be very good quests, there is a ranking on the Zelda Classic page, ED is always raving about ZC so he should know better :)
Sounds great. Looking forward to this.

(replying here not to bump the older beta-thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what else you have planned, but this release hits the main things I was looking for. Music, controls, screen scaling and fullspeed performance with overclocking.

EvilDragon said:

I did, but it seems to be pointing to my server instead of the archive, maybe because of its huge size?

Hitnrun said:
EvilDragon said:

I did, but it seems to be pointing to my server instead of the archive, maybe because of its huge size?

No. You can either point it to a server or upload it :)
I guess you used your server, so it uses this as external download source.

BTW: Tried it yesterday night. Really running perfect. Fine :D

Now off to ZeldaClassic.com to get some cool quests :D

Last edited:
Anyone recommend any quests from zeldaclassic.com? Some of the Metroid seem interesting that are there.

Got a chance to play to the 4th Dungeon today, much fun!

Thanks again for the port!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

EvilDragon said:
Hitnrun said:
EvilDragon said:

No. You can either point it to a server or upload it :)
I guess you used your server, so it uses this as external download source.

BTW: Tried it yesterday night. Really running perfect. Fine :D

Now off to ZeldaClassic.com to get some cool quests :D

Hmm the problem is uploading 50mb with a web browser, how long would this take?

I am thinking of leaving the patches files outside of the pnd and instruct the user to put it on appdata, this file will never change, what do you guys think?

Also, I am thinking of doing a second menu option to open a quest selection screen, just have to find out how to add custom quests.

And played a little ZC last night (I never played it to much, just ported it), and damn it is fun! :)

Hitnrun said:
Hmm the problem is uploading 50mb with a web browser, how long would this take?

Depends on your connection ;)
But I can upload it for you.

Also, I am thinking of doing a second menu option to open a quest selection screen, just have to find out how to add custom quests.

Ermm... custom quests already work fine, I'm playing them.
Put them into the appdata directory.
Then when you registered your name, don't press Start to play the game but one of the ABXY-Button (forgot which) and you can select which quest you want to play.

Need to find out how to save though (apart from letting yourself die to select save and quit ;))

And played a little ZC last night (I never played it to much, just ported it), and damn it is fun! :)

Yep. Needs 700 - 750 MHz to run properly, but that's okay :)
It runs really good with that.

Maybe include that speed setting within the PXML, it will be supported from HF4 on :)

Last edited:
Just added and played one of the Metroid quests. Its much fun! Not sure I want to try the Marios or not, they sound raunchy from the description and I don't think of Mario in that way...

Really enjoy this port!

Thank you again!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

EvilDragon said:
Maybe include that speed setting within the PXML, it will be supported from HF4 on :)

Why do you continue to insist that the devs enforce the speed?

-God Ginrai

EvilDragon said:
Need to find out how to save though (apart from letting yourself die to select save and quit ;) )

Select quit from the menu or hit F6. When it says are you sure you want to quit, hit yes and select save on the next screen. After selecting save, just make sure you wait until the top menu is reloaded before you quit out of the program entirely.

naples39 said:
EvilDragon said:
Need to find out how to save though (apart from letting yourself die to select save and quit ;) )

Select quit from the menu or hit F6. When it says are you sure you want to quit, hit yes and select save on the next screen. After selecting save, just make sure you wait until the top menu is reloaded before you quit out of the program entirely.
Thanks for pointing this out!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Orion4874 said:
Hey Hitnrun, since you got permission to use the source code could you possibly do a Wiz port? Great job BTW, makes waiting for my Pandora that much harder!

I don't have a wiz neither a caanoo, but it would probably have the same problem of the gp2x version: lack of memory, this thing is a memory hog. To be sure it will run well, it needs ~100mb of free memory.

If someone wants to port it, PM me and I'll talk to DarkNation about it.

naples39 said:
EvilDragon said:

Always wondered this too, thanks!

God Ginrai said:
EvilDragon said:

Why do you continue to insist that the devs enforce the speed?

I only suggest to ports that don't run fullspeed yet. The speed in the PXML is a suggested speed and the user will be asked if he wants to change it or not.

Why do you continue to insist that people don't want to increase their clockspeed if they know the game is not running fullspeed otherwise?

Last edited:
Back