Release Zelda Navi's Quest

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Vincent Jouillat gave us yet an other game to toy with.

My changes :

v1.0.0.3:

- Improved pandora button mapping (again)

- Support for saves on fat (packaging fix)

v1.0.0.2:

- Improved pandora button mapping

- Support for both languages (packaging fix)

v1.0.0.1:

- upscale using neon_scale2x from M-HT.

- add support for pandora keyboard

zelda1.png

[ Repo ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Et pourquoi pas proposer une traduction en anglais à Vincent Jouillat.

Il y a aura plus d'audience en plus.
Parce qu'elle est déjà incluse, je l'avais juste pas vu (j'ai fait ce port en 2h...)

Is it playable without knowing much French?
I'll update with an option to have english in a few days. At least once I get feedback on keymapping.

why is it named Navi's quest if it is in french...

edit: BTW it looks great, thanks for that, I downloaded it and added it to my huge backlog...

Merci sebt3 :)

Two suggestions, in case you'd like to improve this port further:

- adding vsync would be nice

- and most importantly, remapping controls to the Pandora buttons would make the game much more enjoyable.

Cheers! :)

- and most importantly, remapping controls to the Pandora buttons would make the game much more enjoyable.
Mes changements :

- Agrandissement en utilisant neon_scale2x de M-HT.

- Adaptation aux touches de la pandora
Which mean :Changes :

- upscale using neon_scale2x from M-HT.

- add support for pandora keyboard

So my question, is : what's missing ? what's wrong ?

Hmm sorry sebt3, I had missed that line (au fait je suis français, j'ai juste écrit en anglais pour que tout le monde puisse comprendre ;) )

I don't have my Pandora here, but when I tried the game, I thought that the buttons were not responding. I had to press keyboard keys, like RETURN for example, to trigger actions. But maybe I'll have to retry this. Sorry if I made a false report ;)

I don't have my Pandora here, but when I tried the game, I thought that the buttons were not responding. I had to press keyboard keys, like RETURN for example, to trigger actions. But maybe I'll have to retry this. Sorry if I made a false report ;)
Then... just tell me what mapping is missing.To switch to english I just have to add a file. repacking will be fast. I just dont want to re-upload the package for such a tiny modification.

So having the buttons mapping improved would help to justify an update.

I don't mind waiting for an en version, plus I have no time to play this week, so no rush.

Then... just tell me what mapping is missing.
To switch to english I just have to add a file. repacking will be fast. I just dont want to re-upload the package for such a tiny modification.

So having the buttons mapping improved would help to justify an update.
Well, I'm just at the beginning of the game, so I don't have any special object or a sword. But as far as I can remember, here is the current Pandora mapping:

START = ENTER (to validate or skip messages, and enter inventory)

SELECT = ESCAPE

??? = SPACE (couldn't find the button associated to space, in order to read signs, except the SPACE key itself)

B button = C

Not sure of the rest...

So my suggestion would be:

START = ENTER (skip and validate)

Y button = SPACE (read signs and open chests)

B button  = C (move objects)

A Button = X (use selected object)

X button = Z (or W, to use sword)

L button = SHIFT (run)

R button = CTRL (to move Navi?)

Again I don't have my Pandora at hand, I just checked the PC version to see the default mapping.

here is the current Pandora mapping:
SDLK_PAGEDOWN (x) sword (z)
SDLK_HOME (a) secondary weapon (v)
SDLK_PAGEUP (y) map (p)
SDLK_END ( lift+run (c) & (x)
SDLK_LCTRL (sel) Quit menu (esc)
SDLK_LALT (start) Weapon menu (enter)
as far as my notes goes. (hint R is ctrl by default, I didnt need to change this as it worked well)Indeed i'vent mapped space. On which key should I map this ?

EDIT: tried to add space on ( B ) button with run and lift. Instead of reading signboard link lift them. No luck here

I've tried something for the mapping. Should be nice. Tell me if that multi usage of the ( B ) button is of a problem.

so I've uploaded a new version (also known as the "doh ! just under my eyes" release) which fix the french only behavior of the initial release.

Also thanks Michoko to have made me use my mind :p

I own some m2 meadow in france, and i had about 9 Yeahrs french in shool, but my english is way better (you want know how my french is)..

Mercie @ sebt3 for the port, and everything..

I remember, whe went whit the Shoolclass to Saargemuines to train our french, but a lot peaple in Saargemuines spoke also german :)

So it ditnt workd..

Ooh! I can see separation in devs on Pandora now - French and non-French ;)
No this is fixed, english version is now included. to switch language, just use the options in game (on the select profil screen).
BTW this release is still not the final : cant lift pot with ( B ) with the current version :(

Back