ZX Spectrum Next

My irresponsible spending genes are perfectly aligned to this 2nd kickstarter, for me to splunk 300 quid up the wall, but I will have to resist. I have an Ultimate 64 Elite already and a Pyra coming, so nope!

Reactions: rSl
My nostalgia retro glands must have been working overtime when I Kickstarted the Speccy Next in 2017. (I got my speccy 16K in 1983!)
I pledged for the board only version (which came years ago!), and an accelerated version (which arrived a few months back).

In all honesty I've not used them anywhere near as much as I thought I would. But that's not unusual when it comes to me and retro stuff :)

The community is pretty active, although it's mainly on Facebook. And I really detest Facebook.
There is an official forum, but it's like a ghost town at times. Discord is the place to be if you want to develop. And I do, but I'm still waiting for Jim Bagley's Z80 course to start!

There's plenty of stuff being developed, but most users have only had their machines a few months. More tools, utilities, SDKs and games are on the way, so there's plenty to look forward to.
I've also bought some physical boxed games, and they're all good fun:-
- Baggers in Space
- Tyvarian
- Warhawk
- Q*Bee
And playing classic speccy games like Jetpac and Manic Miner is always a blast :D

The injection of users and excitement from Kickstarter 2 should hopefully lead to even more good stuff...

Back