Zzap!64, Crash, C&vg Etc

well thats a bloody good thing to own, but wish they did it with amiga power, mean machines and megadrive advanced gaming!

btw was i the only person ever to read megadrive advanced gaming?

sensible GP32 posted on Feb 16 2007 at 02:39 PM said:
well thats a bloody good thing to own, but wish they did it with amiga power, mean machines and megadrive advanced gaming!

btw was i the only person ever to read megadrive advanced gaming?

I was forced to sell my import Megadrive quite early on (a considerably cruel act of parenting that I'm still bitter about :p). I therefore missed out on much of Megadrive gaming from Sonic 1 onwards. I can#t remember Megadrive Advanced Gaming. I probably looked at it with envious eyes.

However, if you check that link, they do have Mean Machines, amongst many other mags.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great service. I've bought the Zzap, Crash and just a few days ago the Ace DVDs.

Amiga Power probably won't appear there because the publisher got them to remove some of their other mags (Commodore Format, Super Play), but I'm hoping scans of it turn up somewhere!

Yes, I'm looking forward to receiving the dvd. I know it'll lead to numerous C64 game downloads.

For BBC people, try this link:

http://mags.acornpreservation.org/

Acorn User
Micro User
A&B Computing
and more

I read every page of these. I love looking back on the Watford Electronic ads!
The Joe's Jottings columnist in Acorn User was actually my boss in later years. We didn't part on the best of terms though, which is a shame as I'm generally very easy going. He's still part of my childhood geekism though! :D

ste_167 posted on Feb 17 2007 at 09:06 PM said:
For BBC people at try this link:

http://mags.acornpreservation.org/

Acorn User
Micro User
A&B Computing
and more

I read every page of these. I love looking back on the Watford Electronic ads!
The Joe's Jottings columnist in Acorn User was actually my boss in later years. We didn't part on the best of terms though, which is a shame as I'm generally very easy going. He's still part of my childhood geekism though! :D

Hey, what about my site for The Micro User :eek: :
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/themicrouser/
If people are interested I will continue work but there has not been much interest.

My main aim is to index every issue for easy searching of articles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wasn't expecting such a link! I'm going to be a regular visitor to your site!

Micro User was always my favourite magazine. I'd be hovering around newsagents eager to see a hint of a new cover on its stands... and then I'd be straight to the back cover to see what Superior Software had in store for me! Am I going into too much detail..? :D

Yep Mort does some great dvds, sadly he had to stop selling some of them (Eg Your Sinclair) but all the ones i have from him are very good. Brings back some great memories seeing some of the adverts for games and of course the reviews and articles. Some great mags back then in the 80's, for me Crash! and Your Sinclair were the best specially the Xmas editions

I wish somebody did it with Sega Power :( Now that was an awesome magazine. The reviews were terrible. They basically told a bunch of jokes across the image captions and waffled on about irrelevant crap for 90% of the review before handing out a decidedly random score. Given that the magazine is so awful, it's no surprise that I've been unable to locate some nostalgic back issues anywhere.

EDIT: I just found an ebay auction for 39 issues for Sega Power! £12 delivery but think of all the money I'm saving over the original RRP!

Back