1.01 Firmware, Kingston 512mb Card

Radek

Certified Guru
Hi,

My gp2x boots up and everything looks ok. I connected it to my PC via usb and made partition on the SD card, formated it to the vfat (mkfs.vfat /dev/sda1), wrote some files to it and, disconnected and proceeded to view these files in gp2x itself. But any of gp2x's options show nothing! There is option for SD card and I click on it then nothing! Just empty background with name of function at top (Explorer) and whatever I do I'm returning to the previous menus.

Update:

Well... I did it! Works now and I don't know how and why.... :ph34r:

Formated directly to the device (/dev/sda not /dev/sda1) and it done the trick probably. Had to reboot gp2x then but finally I can read my sd card. The original firmware (1.0.1) is very flaky... the lcd screen has not optimal timings indeed as it's flickering too much. But so far so good for "beta testing". :D

Update2:

Managed to flash with "4th" update from GPH. When booting at the green screen it says 1.0.1 but at info menu 1.1.0? :huh:
Probably it's only a patch and not whole new firmware. Anyway I'm going to enjoy some emus and other stuff.

If your green loading screen says 1.0.1, you did not successfully flash.
The second screen ( the one from Info), gets it's information from a file named 'version' which is copied over during the patch process.

In order to successfully flash you need to see a screen with a graphic of a computer chip on it.

Sorry :(

Back