Sd Card / Firmware Downgrade Problem...

ZeroPain

Still Fresh
I just got a 2 Gb SanDisk SD card...

I decided to downgrade my firmware from 3.0.0 to 2.1.1.

I followed the guide on the wiki and tried to format my card in Linux but in the process I think that I might have screwed up some partitions within the card. Any data that I would try and place on the card would go corrupt and have strange filenames of random characters.

After that I took the card and formated it without any problem in Windows.

But now I can't copy any data to the card in Linux due to lack of permissions...

Thanks in advance...

Did you format it FAT32 on windows? How did you mount the card under Linux? I "think" you have to start with 2.0.0 prior to a 2.1.1 upgrade. I could be wrong on that but I think the 2.1.1 was an incremental upgrade not a full one.

Did you format it FAT32 on windows? How did you mount the card under Linux? I "think" you have to start with 2.0.0 prior to a 2.1.1 upgrade. I could be wrong on that but I think the 2.1.1 was an incremental upgrade not a full one.

Formated as fat32 on windows.
The card mounts automatically when I insert it on ubuntu.

The problem now Is that I cant get files onto the SD anymore. (The files being the 2.0.0 firmware...)

ZeroPain said:
:lol:
Fixed!

Found the problem...

Regardless thanks for the reply gary!
I'm having the same problem how did you fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
ZeroPain said:
:lol:
Fixed!

Found the problem...

Regardless thanks for the reply gary!

I hate it when people come on here, make a new thread asking for help, then fix their problem and don't say how!!!

Tell us what you did, dammit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back