Usb & Vektar Trouble After Downgrading (3.0.0 -> 2.1.1)

tmod

Still Fresh
hey folks,

pls help me if you can. I've got a new GP2X and a Kingmax 2GB SD card. I've downgraded the firmware from 3.0.0 to 2.1.1 successfully, however:
- when I try to hook up the GP2X's SD to my PC (WinXP), it won't show anymore.
- I can't delete files from it with the GP2Xplorer (I didn't try to delete files before the downgrade -- but I could copy stuff from the PC, so it's not the lock).
- also, Vektar stopped working (however all the other 'built-in' games incl Payback Demo work sweet).

any ideas on what's the underlying cause and how to fix these?

You really shouldn't have downgraded, it's not recommended to do so. You should install 2.0 again and re-upgrade to 2.1.1 now the damage is already done however.

Orkie said:
You really shouldn't have downgraded, it's not recommended to do so. You should install 2.0 again and re-upgrade to 2.1.1 now the damage is already done however.
er, sorry, I wasn't clear. I've gone 3.0.0 -> 2.0.0 -> 2.1.1. does it make a difference?

can it be corrected in any way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I doubt it has actually caused any harm really but it's still inadvisable for this very reason. Like I said, you could try going back to 2.0 then upgrade to 2.1.1 (via 2.10 possibly to be safe). Alternatively, just live without a USB connection and Vektar :D.

Orkie said:
Yes, I doubt it has actually caused any harm really but it's still inadvisable for this very reason. Like I said, you could try going back to 2.0 then upgrade to 2.1.1 (via 2.10 possibly to be safe). Alternatively, just live without a USB connection and Vektar :D.
=) I'm not sure about the USB conn part.=)

sorry, I'm a newb and that's that --- so if I go back to 3.0.0 from where I am (like laying my hands on a card reader, copying 3.0.0 and possibly U-Boot, then flashing it?), can I get back what I've lost?

Last edited by a moderator:
okay now, I've reflashed with the unofficially released 3.0.0 (the starting default for a Value Pack GP2X MK2). it _is_ the BOMB; everything is hunky dory now. people walking in my shoes: the official FW 3.0.0 has the menu icon animations broken. you don't want that.

/I only wonder whether messing about is a feature of Vektar (and that I just got lucky when I managed to start it for the very first time -- now it runs, most of the times, but the volume cannot be set much louder than a hardly existent level./

Back