Oh Damn... Vektar

UnholyTancred

Still Fresh
I recently got a new GP2X value pack. It came with the 3.0 firmware and came with 5 games on the internal memory.

* Payback (action, demo)
* Noiz (shooting, full version)
* Flobopuyo (puzzle, full version)
* Supertux (platform, full version)
* Vektar (shooting, full version)

To make a long story short... I screwed some things up while downgrading my firmware down to 2.0 and up to 2.1.1 and the end result is the internal memory only has a demo version of Vektar. I wasn't too interested in Flobopuyo so I don't care about that and I found complete full versions of Supertux and Noiz. Well this version of Supertux is rather buggy and the screen freezes for a second or 2 occasionally which almost always results in death. Annoying but somewhat tolerable.

However Vektar is unavailable anywhere except this 5 level demo. This sucks. I really liked the game and I don't have the cash to buy something that I already should have once again.

The CD only has instructions.

Is there anything I could do?

Will contacting Gamepark Holdings accomplish anything?

SiDCrAzY said:
Actually isn't he asking for the "Timebattle" version of Vektar located in the NAND with the Value Pack?

If so here's what you want: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,27,2036

It contains all the freeware versions of Vektar, including the one that comes with the Value Pack.

Yeah, Vektar(Full Version) is a bit misleading....I always felt kinda shafted by that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being confused by all these different versions out there, I decided to download the 3.0 firmware and look through it. I found all the games that I originally had on it.

Turns out the Vektar on that is the timebattle one.

UnholyTancred said:
* Vektar (shooting, full version)

That was reported somewhere, but this is wrong. The version of Vektar given with Value Pack is the 5 level timebattle demo.

The value pack includes only free games and demos. It is a bit disappointing, but considering the difference in price between GP2X alone and Value Pack, this is not surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back