1.4 Upgrade... Now No Usb??

Borat

Still Fresh
I no longer get the Linux Hotplug activation (icon on desktop and /mnt/gp2x appearing). I still get my usb key drive appearing though. On a XP laptop I hear the PnP sound when I connect usb on the gp2x but the hardware does not activate (code 10) ???

Any ideas or do I go back to 1.2.1?

Just installed STERM and dmesg shows this in the last 2 lines :

net2272: unregistered driver 'g_file_storage'
net2272: unbind

I am using a 1Gb SanDisk SD card. But I still have probs connecting with a 128Mb Integral card.

Same problem here, can't connect my gamepark to linux, which I have done many many times in the past.

The device doesn't even show up (usually /dev/sda)

Borat posted on Feb 20 2006 at 02:18 AM said:
I no longer get the Linux Hotplug activation (icon on desktop and /mnt/gp2x appearing). I still get my usb key drive appearing though. On a XP laptop I hear the PnP sound when I connect usb on the gp2x but the hardware does not activate (code 10) ???

Any ideas or do I go back to 1.2.1?

Just installed STERM and dmesg shows this in the last 2 lines :

net2272: unregistered driver 'g_file_storage'
net2272: unbind

I am using a 1Gb SanDisk SD card. But I still have probs connecting with a 128Mb Integral card.

I seem to be experiencing the same problemwith my TwinMOS Ultra-X 1 Gb card. When I try to connect to my Windows XP the GP2X stops responding to the buttons (i.e. when I press X to "disconnect" nothing happens) until I remove the USB connector.

Have you (or anyone) found any solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like theoddbot told me on the dev-chan, you can connect to your gp2x via cramfs 0004 and a linux system easily.

simply open a terminal:
dmesg
screen /dev/ttyACM0

don't take my word I am not sure about that device address but its something with an A so you can easily find it when ls'ing /dev/ (as root of course).

Back