1.4 Video Problem

sully127

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

I'm new around here and tried to search for similar issues but came up empty.

I got my gp2x a couple days ago. It was 1.01 when I got it. The first thing I did to test was put a 600MB xvid avi (The Guardian) on my SD Card, popped it in, and it played fine.

Awesome.

After playing around with it for a little while, I did the firmware upgrade to 1.41, and now, it seems as though any movie I put on the device isn't working. Within the first few seconds of video, i get all kinds of horizontal flickering lines and the device freezes. Everything else (games, emu) seems to work fine, but I primarily wanted to have this to watch movies.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

1.01 awesome.. i never heard that machines with such old firmwares are around :eek:

Try to update to at least 2.0.0. Better even to 2.1.1 as they "added" ogm support there.

StarG said:
1.01 awesome.. i never heard that machines with such old firmwares are around :eek:

Try to update to at least 2.0.0. Better even to 2.1.1 as they "added" ogm support there.

I'm very brickaphobic. Is there an easy way to do the upgrade to 2.x.x like there was for 1.4?

With the 1.4, I had an App which I ran through Games and then just ran a gpe on reboot. I'm not to sure what I'm doing with formatting the SD card and whatnot.

Sorry for being a n00b with this stuff, never really got into the whole portable device thing until now.

Last edited by a moderator:
sully127,

If your worried about upgrading to 2.* then drop in to #GP2XDEV on IRC (EfNet) and I am sure one of us would be more then happy to help you get it sorted.

It really is worth doing the upgrade, 1.4.* is the most stable 1.* firmware but 2.1.1 is the sweet spot for the default firmware as it stands. If you take care the brick risks are slim anyway, just be sure to do it in the right order and you will be fine.

John

sully127 said:
StarG said:

I'm very brickaphobic. Is there an easy way to do the upgrade to 2.x.x like there was for 1.4?

With the 1.4, I had an App which I ran through Games and then just ran a gpe on reboot. I'm not to sure what I'm doing with formatting the SD card and whatnot.

Sorry for being a n00b with this stuff, never really got into the whole portable device thing until now.

make sure ewhen u update to 2.0.0 have full charged batteries or u will have a nice black brick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back