160 Vs 166

OK, they have said I can open it up.

I opened the GP32 up and can see the two prongs. However, they appear to be positioned in exactly the same way as the other shoulder and are making perfect contact with everything it is supposed to.

I gave it a little nudge for the sake of it, but to no avail...

Does the microswitch (the little button) click when it is pressed ?.

What do you mean by a little nudge ?.

Is there any play (movement, Rattle) in the (external) button ?.

Trooper

Yes, it did click when it is pressed.

The little 'nipple' that is underneath the button did not even respond when pressed manually.

However, after stressing the 'nipple' by pressing it again and again, it suddenly came to life. I have no idea what the actual problem was, but it certainly wasn't similar to the problem that has been posted about on this forum.

I can only think that something may have been lodged under or around the 'nipple' and by fiddling about with it while the case was open, it now works

Either way - I am happy and officially part of the GP32 family B)

Glad you got it sorted Bronze.

I know the GP is a product like everything else, But in many ways it is very different (think spectrum, amiga, diy etc), So, sub standard quaility is to be expected (remember the zx spectrum in kit form :eek: ).

I got to ask, Was it worth it in the end ?.

Trooper

Pleased it works, Trooper-you are a star!!!

So Bronzy, tried any Emus yet? DrMD?

Go on, stick on Sonic 2.....

:D

edit- I bought a new smc today(on 64mb :( biggest i could get!) -just for scumm games! I now have three, one for drmd, speccy etc. t'other for mame, and now monkey island here i come....

:D :D :D :D

I instantly put DrMD and OpenSNES on there, but forgot that OpenSNES won't work on my BLU+ :(

I just played through Streets of Rage 2, something I've not done in years and the first Road Rash and Sonic games.

I couldn't get Shining Force or ISS Deluxe to work for it though...

I'm really excited about discovering consoles I missed out on and reliving my Spectrum days!
Weeeee!

Back