160 Vs 166

You have had serious bad look! But just remember that you have not bought a PS2 from Dixons! If I was you, I too would be very pissed off, but just getting these things for Craig seems a chore. It's worth sticking with, cos the joys of the GP32 are great.

But it's not easy, using emus isn't like sticking in a cartridge. People on these boards are very helpful, but like to feel loved! ;)

And I still say we should be Grateful to Craig, cos without him I wouldn't have my GP32 today!!!!

<_<

Fix it myself? I bought a console not a Mecano set!

I'll try fixing it myself as long as I can send it back if it doesn't work. I'm going to email them today.

I've never had so much trouble with one company in my life...

You aint bought a console!!!!

You've bought a GP32. Different thing completely!

And this forum here isn't GBAx, so when people take the time to offer assistance, please please please be a little, er, nicer in your response :D

Honestly, when you get this thing working, you will encounter lots of problems, geting this emu to work, where do I put the roms, why is there no sound etc. I have asked so many questions of these lovely people, and have received so much help. I now really enjoy using my GP32, and I was a complete beginner.

But when you get problems, and ask for help, boy will you be flamed if you don't show a bit of patience etc. And that would be bad for everyone.

Don't mean to sound hard, but it's true that a GP32 isn't a plug and play device, you've gotta nurture, love it. It's a bizaare exotic beast!

:D

Sorry lubidog, I didn't mean to sound unpleasant - its my dry sense of humour.
I probably needed a ;) in there!

What I have in my hands right now isn't even a GP32 - its damaged goods! :p

craigix posted on Apr 28 2005 at 08:30 AM said:
Hi,

Sorry i'm late in replying i'm in asia, the reason we have no 166 models is that maltloaf has vanished off the face of the earth with a load of our GP32s, there is nothing I can do until i get back in the uk.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Bronze posted on May 1 2005 at 10:38 PM said:
Well, my saga continues.

I received the GP32 on Friday and got the chance to give it a whirl today. My first imprssions are that its a great little console, but the left shoulder button is broken

What else can go wrong, GBAx? I think I'm going to get a refund, cos I'm really stressed out over what was meant to be a fun new toy for my 21st birthday.

I think I'm going to sit on the money until you lot sort yourselves out, or I find somewhere else to purchase it.
oy i had that and a gp32 which just did not make a noide when pusing up on the stick but still wworked fine. and they replaced it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bronze posted on May 2 2005 at 02:03 PM said:
Sorry lubidog, I didn't mean to sound unpleasant - its my dry sense of humour.
I probably needed a ;) in there!

What I have in my hands right now isn't even a GP32 - its damaged goods! :p

No problem! But it will all be worth it in the end. The GP32 is a wonderful machine, thanks to the emus!

B)

Well, I'm going to get a refund for now and sit back and gather my thoughts. I definitely looking forward to getting a GP32, but I don't think I want it to be coming from GBAx.com

I have a '3-strikes' policy - I was lied to twice and then it arrived broken.
I only hear all this stuff about somebody having their GP32s now! Gonna look elsewhere, despite the hassle. Failing that, its gonna be a PSP for me when the Euro one comes out....

Oh well - thanks so much to everyone and I'll catch you soon B)

The psp is cool & all; but not as fun as the GP. I have one, but play the gp32_console more.
In fact, tomorow I leave for ten days, it's the GP I'll take with me..

pirloui posted on May 2 2005 at 07:05 PM said:
The psp is cool & all; but not as fun as the GP. I have one, but play the gp32_console more.
In fact, tomorow I leave for ten days, it's the GP I'll take with me..

Where did you say you lived again....?

Bronze posted on May 2 2005 at 06:27 PM said:
Well, I'm going to get a refund for now and sit back and gather my thoughts.  I definitely looking forward to getting a GP32, but I don't think I want it to be coming from GBAx.com

I have a '3-strikes' policy - I was lied to twice and then it arrived broken.
I only hear all this stuff about somebody having their GP32s now!  Gonna look elsewhere, despite the hassle.  Failing that, its gonna be a PSP for me when the Euro one comes out....

Oh well - thanks so much to everyone and I'll catch you soon  B)

I had bought 4 GP32 BLUs (for friends) and all four had dodgy shoulder button(s). I fixed them myself though. All you have to do is take out 5 screws, take the back off and bend out the little metal piece slightly that is in the shoulder button. Unless you are a complete spaz, It is so easy. You can tweak the feel of them too and get them just how you like it. In fact it is much easier than dicking around with re-packing and going to the post.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, but if for some reason I suddenly become 'a spaz' while I'm trying to fix it, I will not be able to get a replacement.

Your right though, I realise that I have been a bit unlucky that I've received a broken model, but it was the straw that broke the camels back after being lied to twice already - so now I want my money back.

Thank you again for all your time and advise! Hopefully I'll be back on here again.

Bronze posted on May 2 2005 at 11:56 PM said:
Thank you for your words of encouragement, but if for some reason I suddenly become 'a spaz' while I'm trying to fix it, I will not be able to get a replacement.

Your right though, I realise that I have been a bit unlucky that I've received a broken model, but it was the straw that broke the camels back after being lied to twice already - so now I want my money back.

Thank you again for all your time and advise! Hopefully I'll be back on here again.

Well many of the GP32s have dodgy shoulder buttons for some reason. It is just a matter of bending a small springy piece of metal to get it working. The piece is not even on the motherboard so no worry about messing with the electronics, as you don't need to touch any of that. You may want to just open it and look. If it looks too scary, button it back up. If you are "feeling lucky" go for it. You don't need to bend it very much either, usually 1 mm will do the trick.

I do think that the units should be tested for this before being sent out (it is a common problem). If they are dodgy they should be fixed before being sold in my opinion.

I've sent GBAx.com an email asking if I can open it up and have a peek.

If they say it will affect my ability to get a refund, then I probably won't bother, but if they give me the green light, I'm gonna have a crack at it ;)

I'm pretty confident with things like this, but there is always the chance that the problem is electrical and unfixable and I don't want to risk losing my refund...

Back