1Ed Pandora Distinctive

droneb

Hello PP

just wanted to ask OP Team, Instead of a OP Badge on the Machine

why not produce a little sticker saying "I OWN A 1ed OP" or something like that.
just something that where official and made by the OP Team would give it a nice
finishing touch for those who made a preorder.

it doesnt have to be too fancy just something official, so what do you say?

It would be nice to have that in 30 years, when for sure pandora will become a coleccionist item

dflemstr said:
dingens said:
What's so funny? I don't get it.
Maybe that "1st ed" will be right in English (don't know, I'm not native English speaker). Maybe it do something with ED as abbreviation for EvidDragon. But I don't get it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
peca said:
Maybe that "1st ed" will be right in English (don't know, I'm not native English speaker). Maybe it do something with ED as abbreviation for EvidDragon. But I don't get it too.

Heh you're right. He never mentioned 'edition' in the first post. 1ED means first edition, the very first production run of the pandora.

I think it would be a cool idea. Stickers and such can be unsightly, I don't like ANY logos/brands/corporate art on my electronics myself. Maybe a certificate? Though that can be forged, unless the Pandora team is willing to split up the first 4K certificates and sign them all in pen.

I was going to suggest this later, after release, but I am very interested in the back process of the whole thing. I hope they do a tell-all interview afterwards so we can ask questions like 'what was it like dealing with companies around the world?'.

lulzfish said:
Obviously we need a public-key encrypted Certificate of Authenticity, to avoid the forging of coolness.
Such a certificate already exists: Torvalds private key for the Linux version tagging on Git. I'm not saying it would be applicable in this situation, but rather that it fits your description perfectly.

BTW, public-key encrypted certificate? Why would you encrypt it with a *public* key? Wtf? :p

I think a low serial number might be enough... Even though I don't feel that special because my 1ed GP2X is slightly above 800... #1 would make it reeaaaly special.

Only if it has a flickering screen and a strange coating on the battery contacts

Edit:

Are people who ordered earlier going to get a low serial number? IE, will they be sequential (10th order gets serial #10)?

senorgomez said:
I hope they do a tell-all interview afterwards so we can ask questions like 'what was it like dealing with companies around the world?'.
If the last year is any indication, not that great.

"I PRE-ORDERED A PANDORA AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY STICKER!"

Back