1Ghz Pandora says 600mhz at set CPU speed

Timstertoo

I was tinkering with the settings and I noticed that under set CPU speed I can go from 600mhz up to 800mhz but I have bought a 1GhZ Pandora.

Assuming it doesn't mean I actually have a rebirth instead of a 1Ghz (or do I?) is there a reason the CPU speed is at 600mhz?

I did a search but couldn't find anything about it, I reckon that if all 1Ghz have that someone would've posted about it earlier.

Change the opp setting maybe? You should then be able to overclock to higher rates.
I'm not even trying to overclock, I just noticed that it was either underclocked (is that even a term?) with no possibility to put it on it's "normal" CPU speed or I don't have a 1Ghz unit. 

Is there a way to check what specs the Pandora has? I'm not very Linux savvy yet and that is a huge understatemen.

Oh and thanks for the quick reply! :)

I bet your max clock speed is set to 600Mhz.

Menu>Settings>CPU Settings

Set the max OPP level to 4

Set the maximum allowed MHz (I use 1200 on my 1Ghz)

Set the default maximum Mhz to 1000 (or lower if you want - only advantage is a slight improvement in battery life)

EDIT:

Pandora Model Check in repo

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet your max clock speed is set to 600Mhz.

Menu>Settings>CPU Settings

Set the max OPP level to 4

Set the maximum allowed MHz (I use 1200 on my 1Ghz)

Set the default maximum Mhz to 1000 (or lower if you want - only advantage is a slight improvement in battery life)
Done. Cheers! 

Wonder if I'll notice the difference.

As I understand, the OS defaults to 600Mhz because there's no reliable way to tell you have a 1Ghz. It has been a long time since I had to reflash, but I think I remember the first boot process asking whether you had a 600Mhz or 1Ghz machine and it performing the settings accordingly. You may have chosen the wrong one when you first started it up, or I hallucinated the whole thing.

As I understand, the OS defaults to 600Mhz because there's no reliable way to tell you have a 1Ghz. It has been a long time since I had to reflash, but I think I remember the first boot process asking whether you had a 600Mhz or 1Ghz machine and it performing the settings accordingly. You may have chosen the wrong one when you first started it up, or I hallucinated the whole thing.
Can't remember having such a choice but  I was so stoked that I finally had it that I can just as easily have clicked through it just to get to the part where you put in the sd cards and start trying out stuff. :)

Back