1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

Are these TV out cables going to replace the pre-ordered TV out cables or are they going to be a new simplified TV out that people can buy as an extra separate thing?

The TV Out Cables will have the same features as the preordered ones and will be delivered to those who have ordered those back then.

They always have been a seperate thing.

Good news on the production front:

While he hasn't fully recovered yet, the machine operator is back working. Pandora production is planned for next Monday, so we'll get the next big batch of 1GHz units next week.

The TV Out Cables will have the same features as the preordered ones and will be delivered to those who have ordered those back then.

They always have been a seperate thing.

Good news on the production front:

While he hasn't fully recovered yet, the machine operator is back working. Pandora production is planned for next Monday, so we'll get the next big batch of 1GHz units next week.

Good news all round! Glad to hear about the machine operator.

Actually surprised that the more complicated cable will be being produced! I figured it might just be a straightforward cable with just the RCA connectors but that's amazing if its going to be the whole thing! Either way I wouldn't have been mad, I just figured it was a quick cable to give people the basic tv-out functionality. Huzzah!

I just figured it was a quick cable to give people the basic tv-out functionality. Huzzah!
Since both Craig and ED have accepted preorders for the "more complicated cable" with a specific length and connector set, it's probably easier and cheaper to just produce what they've already pre-sold than refund all these preorders and start selling something different.

Pandora production is planned for next Monday, so we'll get the next big batch of 1GHz units next week.
just another week going by...

well i guess its to be considered good news after all...

Well, I'm personally happy the machine operator didn't have something serious :)

Me too otherwise we might be waiting longer! nah I'm kidding, health much more important. Glad to see he's back on his feet!

I've finally canceled due to nearing my 3rd anniversary of waiting because I really don't want to wait anymore. :( And I'll probably put the money toward the next iPhone. I still might buy another iCP though. :)

OK, I have to post here because ED stopped to answer me.

After 3y waiting, I want to upgrade to 1GHz (and pay required 310+€ more), and get it delivered from ED's place to Munich/München (where my family lives). Just, there is one thing: I preordered at Craigix's, so it should be dumped across...

ED told me that it's ok for him, and he forwarded offer to Craigix... this is where communication stopped.

What more should I do now, boys? Do I have to put my pants down and band over? I do not want to cancel my order, but, please, give me choice...

https://www.dragonbo...hz-version.html

I WILL NOT SEND ANY (MORE) MONEY BEFORE PUBLIC CONFIRMATION (right here) THAT IT WILL WORK.

And some approximation from ED when I could get it finally.

p.s.

Some time ago I donated few bucks through main Pandora site. PayPal charged this, but it never showed up at the list of donations... one more mystery thing.

(edit:typos)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't stop answering you, I just have over 800 mails to reply left... GamesCom took it's toll, I am still working on catching up with all the work since then and didn't have time to reply to any email, sorry about that.

Please let me know your name and / or email you used to send me the mail and I'll check it.

I wish I could reply to all PMs, mails, etc. I get from all of you earlier, but it takes about 1 hour to reply to 20 or 30, so you can sum up how long 800 - 1000 mails take (getting 20 new per day won't help much).

So right now, I focus on the standard stuff (normal orders, etc.) and try to reply to mails if possible, but any non-standard stuff or extra wishes are taking longer.

Sorry, but I'm just lacking time... lots of time.

ED - I understand you are flooded by emails/PMs -> however please try to have a look at the PMs I sent you a few days back, it could be interesting for you, regarding what we discussed before, and my actions can only start after I get an answer from you. :)

If the price to upgrade from a Craig October 2009 pre-order to a 1GHz wasn't the same again as what I originally paid, I would probably go for it.

What I didn't want to do is upgrade to a priority order just to get the same spec Pandora as I originally ordered. But if it was like an extra EUR140 to get a 1GHz then I would probably do it.

I just wish there was at least a bit more communication from Craig's store. Even just an update saying that they are at least still processing Pandoras so I don't feel like my order has been lost in the ether or overlooked.

I know, and I will do that today.

Hey ED,

Dont crack, thats what happened to Craig before, i wish you good luck, and now that you seem to be under a lot of pressure, dont strain yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let me know your name and / or email you used to send me the mail and I'll check it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude... I just don't know what's right to do anymore :huh:

Here are mail conversation (I hope it is ok to be public. I just did some antispam replacing). I sent you email adress here as a private message.

to: order_at_openpandora.org

date: Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:07 PM

subject: 1GHz Upgrade

Hello,

I'm VERY interested at upgrading preordered Pandora to 1GHz.

(...)

to: (DarkBorn)

cc: openpandorasales_at_gmail.com

date: Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM

subject: Re: 1GHz Upgrade

to openpandorasal., me

Am Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:07:41 +0200 hat (DarkBorn) geschrieben:

Hi,

yes, swapping the order should be possible, if it's okay with

OpenPandora Ltd. (I sent a copy of this mail to them).

The upgrade price would be 330 EUR (incl. VAT), and shipping to Munich

would be free, of course
:)

Would that be of interest to you?

to: (EvilDragon)

date: Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I'm in, definitely!

Just, how long would it take? Are there Pandoras Ready-to-go or...?

Ppl become somehow skeptic after 3 years of waiting ;-)

Please, give me some more detailed info about billing:

e.g. Do I have to pay all in advance, what is "premium" part of sum, etc .

Kind regards, D

date: Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hello, I did not get your mail.

Where do I have to pay, how much?

I'M READY TO PAY.

And finally, what should I say to recipient in Munchen (they are going to holidays) about estimates?

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude... I just don't know what's right to do anymore :huh:

Here are mail conversation (I hope it is ok to be public. I just did some antispam replacing). I sent you email adress here as a private message.

to: order_at_openpandora.org

date: Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:07 PM

subject: 1GHz Upgrade

Hello,

I'm VERY interested at upgrading preordered Pandora to 1GHz.

(...)

to: (DarkBorn)

cc: openpandorasales_at_gmail.com

date: Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM

to openpandorasal., me

Am Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:07:41 +0200 hat (DarkBorn) geschrieben:

Hi,

yes, swapping the order should be possible, if it's okay with

OpenPandora Ltd. (I sent a copy of this mail to them).

The upgrade price would be 330 EUR (incl. VAT), and shipping to Munich

would be free, of course
:)

Would that be of interest to you?

date: Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I'm in, definitely!

Just, how long would it take? Are there Pandoras Ready-to-go or...?

Ppl become somehow skeptic after 3 years of waiting ;-)

Please, give me some more detailed info about billing:

e.g. Do I have to pay all in advance, what is "premium" part of sum, etc .

Kind regards, D

date: Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hello, I did not get your mail.

Where do I have to pay, how much?

I'M READY TO PAY.

And finally, what should I say to recipient in Munchen (they are going to holidays) about estimates?

I don't get the price, how is it €330,-?

Aren't you upgrading a 512MB 600Mhz Pandora (if you are on original pre order this is the one you should be getting) to a 1GHz one?

Shouldn't it be €230,- then according to: https://www.dragonbox.de/de/27-konsolen-und-upgrades ?

I've finally canceled due to nearing my 3rd anniversary of waiting because I really don't want to wait anymore. :( And I'll probably put the money toward the next iPhone. I still might buy another iCP though. :)

Out of curiosity what date did you pre-order? Just wondering if I've gone up the queue at all ;)

Out of curiosity what date did you pre-order? Just wondering if I've gone up the queue at all ;)

what I am just wondering about :

How many people are still left on this preorder list / queue at all ?

I am quite new to this comunity (I guess since march 2012),

so I do not really know any numbers.

Hopefully everyone gets his or her unit some day. =S

Back