1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

I PM'd you months ago but no reaction. They have huge exposure in Holland and have most appeal to the older games so the 18-55 group.

Months ago there was no stock of Pandora available. No point adverstising when you have no inventory to sell !

Plus, ED gets hundreds of PMs and emails - he does not have time to see everything at once. You have to reach him many times before getting an answer sometimes.

I'll could've sworn I adressed ED and not his trusted sidekick.

Why do you think I would remind him right after he told me he's about to produce a lot more hmmmm?

Also I initially offered in the thread where OPT was asking where they should promote.

But ok, nevermind, no video review. Even when come with a solid opportunity to get some more out there I have to wade through sycophants. Silly me.

I'll be back after the another Xmas without my Pandora emo raging in a couple of months.

Wow... someone's having a bad day... :wacko:

Have any original pre orders in Craig's queue been sent say the last three months?

I have the feeling that none are being sent and Craig is simply waiting for everyone left to either upgrade or get a refund.

He's stated all his queues are going down nicely but I doubt the original pre order one is going down through actual deliveries.

I'd love to be wrong though!
I have the feeling that none are being sent and Craig is simply waiting for everyone left to either upgrade or get a refund.

that's a depressing thought...
Makes perfect business sense though... at least as far as 'the bottom line' is concerned.

We should move all this productive talk into a "Craig Conspiracies" forum, where we can finally figure out how he planned the Open Pandora to screw the world over by getting rich off preorders.

I PM'd you months ago but no reaction. They have huge exposure in Holland and have most appeal to the older games so the 18-55 group.

Months ago there was no stock of Pandora available. No point adverstising when you have no inventory to sell !

Plus, ED gets hundreds of PMs and emails - he does not have time to see everything at once. You have to reach him many times before getting an answer sometimes.

Are you his secretary / administrative or what?

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

Ekianjo is just repeating stuff that everybody who really wanted answers to these questions could already read in the forums. If the ability to read the forums and repeat that information means that one is EDs secretary, then I am EDs secretary, too. Also, LOL at the idea of Craig getting rich off preorders :D

Feel the progress:

IMO its time for a status update on the pandora homepage,

thanks.

I usually update the status page at least once a month, so progress can be seen here.
Link?

Just laying it out in one place so that we can point conspiracy/complainers to it to say, "yes, it is happening" is a great step.

We both got totally different business styles, so much I can tell you.

The remaining numbers of my queue is no secret regular visitors here, I have posted multiple times. I don't know any of Craigs numbers myself, so I can only guess here as well.

A lot of the complaints stem from Craig's queue - I'd always put that up to the fact that his queue was so much larger. It does sound like his pre-orders are getting fulfilled at a much slower rate though.

On a bit of a side note - I'm seeing a lot of activity from Craig in the Pandora 2 spam folders and development bits for the Pandora 2 and iControlPad 2. Now that production of the Pandora I is in Germany, maybe new product development is where he's spending his time rather than answering the same old pre-order questions for the nth time?

You have done a great job with the production move ED - you're being transparent on your queue and order fulfillment. Your DragonBox shop is very well done. Thank you!

One thing is for sure, I'll chip in for the "all original pre-order's are satisifed" party that craig and Ed better have. Some days it must really suck with all the vitriol they got off this forum.

Anyone who's a regular knows the score, the rest seem to come on every few months to vent and then go again without obviously knowing whats going on beyond official posts.

I'm allowed to say this _as_ a per-orderer without a Pandora yet in case anyone doubts my credentials :) .

EDIT - fail, I meant without a pandora /me hangs head in shame

Last edited by a moderator:
True - I am already planning the next order of normal units, as I'll be running out of them soon.

so when these are received, how many classic orders will be distributed where and when?

That still depends on how many units will be sold. Do you really not get it by now?

What I get is ED explained before he gets 'batches' of a size from GC and he's talking about getting the next batch. I think he said 1000ish at a time but maybe they will do 500 now. I understand he hasn't ordered a new batch yet as he needs to sell so many from the batch he has on stock before it can fill classic orders.

So, since a simple question apparently is cause for someone jumping on my back because they can't imagine what I mean...I'll have to explain it in a lengthy condescending post.

Does ED for example, receive 1000 units and is able to assume that those will have to be sold before next batch is ordered, thereby immediately allowing shipment of like 30% (some figure from memory I remember from a while back) meaning 300 can go to classic preorders, which means craig can ship ~150 to classic orders? (also without looking it up I think 2 different places I think I saw ED say he has something like 75-175 range of classic orders left) Or in the case of 500 substitute above numbers (1000 becomes 500, 300 becomes 150, 150 becomes 75)

Or are we playing the ship as we sell game where every 70 new paid shipped orders frees up 30 for classic order shipments.

It was mostly a point of curiosity and I don't think this aspect itself was explained before. Big picture yes, units need to be sold to ship old orders. There are many little things going on inside the big picture and sometimes those change. Now unless you can point me to a thread I missed referring to upcoming shipments and how they will be handled, go worry about your own little life. If you *still* don't understand my question, please leave the rest of us alone. Summer break is over, you probably have some homework to do now that school is back in.

I have been waiting for a month short of 4 years now. If I can ask a question that I believe hasn't been answered that helps the rest of us ~600 orders (according to current status page) then I will. If ED/Craig choose to not respond, that's up to them. I don't need random people seeing a question mark and giving a snippy cut/paste answer. I probably should just get a refund as I am hurting for money, but I recognize that if I got that money I would be forced to pay bills and it will be quite some time before I can spend anything on entertainment. So as long as it's going to take, I am choosing to continue waiting.

I apologize to other people reading this. People other than those that misread a question, and drop an answer that doesn't apply. I try to avoid it but that put me over the edge. I've been around and watching (mostly via stalker.openpandora.org). My lower post count means I only say something when I really care to say or ask something, not just fill up the forums with useless opinions over and over. To ED/Craig: my original curiosity still persists, how will the next order from GC be distributed? When it is received? Or over time as more units are sold?

I'll could've sworn I adressed ED and not his trusted sidekick.

Why do you think I would remind him right after he told me he's about to produce a lot more hmmmm?

Also I initially offered in the thread where OPT was asking where they should promote.

But ok, nevermind, no video review. Even when come with a solid opportunity to get some more out there I have to wade through sycophants. Silly me.

I'll be back after the another Xmas without my Pandora emo raging in a couple of months.

Wow... someone's having a bad day... :wacko:

Not a bad day at all. :wub:

Guy just butts in everywhere and doesn´t read. But I guess that's how you rack up almost 900 posts since May this year.

I didn´t approach ED and Craig about advertising. Advertising costs money. I responded to a thread asking where they could promote their product. I had arranged free promotion for them on the number 1 games website in Holand with their perfect target audience of appox 18-45. One of the guys who is in a lot of the review videos, Vasco, is a good friend of mine. In fact we´re going in business together. And most of the people from Gamekings have frequented or still frequent my bar. These guys are all 35-40, they'll love the Pandora.This would have been easy friendly exposure. It was all set. Not a maybe. Or we´ll see. Or if we have time. No a "Of course we'll do a video on this and put it on the site, cool!"

But I guess being a smartass is more important then getting the word out to new people FOR FREE and moving units.

So now we have a situation where units are produced below full production speed as there is not enough demand and we're not doing promotion as there are not enough units. Sounds like a winner to me. ;)

As I said, I'll happily sit on the backburner again for a while and see what happens, I'm not getting a refund and I'm not paying an upgrade end up in another indefinite queue. I suppose time is on my side as sooner or later the 600Mhz chips run out and the only good thing about being in Craig's queue is that they are being used up by ED's customers.

I don't get the price, how is it €330,-?

Aren't you upgrading a 512MB 600Mhz Pandora (if you are on original pre order this is the one you should be getting) to a 1GHz one?

Shouldn't it be €230,- then according to: https://www.dragonbo...en-und-upgrades ?
1.) I want to support the project;

2.) I want to jump out over all of you waiting to your Godot Panda as a proud VIP owner of classy 1GHz machine, with autograph signed by ED's blood. But it cost.

I don't get the price, how is it €330,-?

Aren't you upgrading a 512MB 600Mhz Pandora (if you are on original pre order this is the one you should be getting) to a 1GHz one?

Shouldn't it be €230,- then according to: https://www.dragonbo...en-und-upgrades ?
1.) I want to support the project;

2.) I want to jump out over all of you waiting to your Godot Panda as a proud VIP owner of classy 1GHz machine, with autograph signed by ED's blood. But it cost.

Haha! Fair enough. :lol:

Does ED for example, receive 1000 units and is able to assume that those will have to be sold before next batch is ordered, thereby immediately allowing shipment of like 30% (some figure from memory I remember from a while back) meaning 300 can go to classic preorders, which means craig can ship ~150 to classic orders? (also without looking it up I think 2 different places I think I saw ED say he has something like 75-175 range of classic orders left) Or in the case of 500 substitute above numbers (1000 becomes 500, 300 becomes 150, 150 becomes 75)

Or are we playing the ship as we sell game where every 70 new paid shipped orders frees up 30 for classic order shipments.

ED said it not long ago in several threads...

3 new orders for a Pandora give him enough revenue to fund one "classic" order and to ship it. He does not make productions of 1000 units at once. So if he gets 75 units sold, he can send 25 preorders out. The pace of sales on his side is about 1 to 3 every day in his shop. It's not super fast but is progresses almost every single day.

For Craig the situation is different and nobody really knows how many preorders he is shipping. Ask him.

Now unless you can point me to a thread I missed referring to upcoming shipments and how they will be handled, go worry about your own little life. If you *still* don't understand my question, please leave the rest of us alone. Summer break is over, you probably have some homework to do now that school is back in.

Please don't treat us like kids. Most people answering are probably in their 30s or more.

He does not make productions of 1000 units at once.
I hate to interject on this hot debate, but you order units in batches, there'll be a MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity). Maybe not 1000, but you're not going to produce them as they are requested.

So as you *have* to buy in batches - let's assume 400 for ease of calculation, and it's 3 sales for 1 pre-order. 100 of those produced in that batch should technically be for pre-orders. What Drenyx was asking was: "Will those 100 ship in one go once ordered, or will only 1 be shipped out for each 3 sold"?

Technically, it shouldn't matter, because the stock was purchased already, but I'm not sure how that affects financials reporting.

For Craig the situation is different and nobody really knows how many preorders he is shipping. Ask him.
Yes, and that's the other problem, Craig is extremely quiet on the topic. Nobody seems to be able to get an answer out of him

ED said it not long ago in several threads...

3 new orders for a Pandora give him enough revenue to fund one "classic" order and to ship it. He does not make productions of 1000 units at once. So if he gets 75 units sold, he can send 25 preorders out. The pace of sales on his side is about 1 to 3 every day in his shop. It's not super fast but is progresses almost every single day.

http://boards.openpa...000#entry173671 (1 month ago)

Pandoras are being ordered in batches of 1000 (due to the MOQ of some parts).

Please read the post for the rest of the details.

Also for completeness of referencing my previous posts..

http://boards.openpa..._20#entry180017 (~ 1 week ago)

I've also constantly shipped out units, my remaining batch 1 orders are about 75, so not that many.
http://boards.openpa...100#entry181420 (yesterday)

Mentioned a couple of times as well: about 170 of my customers and some number from Craig (I don't know his exact numbers, but a guesstimation is on the status page of the website)

I don't know why it went from 75 to 170, but mistakes happen. Lets go with somewhere in the middle.

Also thanks to pmprog for actually getting what I meant (out of the people that said anything anyway). They're not going to order 3 units from GC at time. When the units do arrive do they ship out 30 or 300 old orders at a time is what I wanted to know. Now, if 300 old orders do ship out, and it still doesn't reach me on the list, I understand they have to sell the remaining 700 from a batch of 1000 before they order the next batch to ship *any* old orders. As pmprog noted, while this sounds fine, there may be some kind of other issues where they decided to not go this way.

Please don't treat us like kids. Most people answering are probably in their 30s or more.

The text you are referring to in my previous post was meant to be interpreted as: "If your comprehension is limited to that of a child, you will be treated like one". If you think you can be smarter than that, it doesn't apply to you.

http://boards.openpa..._20#entry180017 (~ 1 week ago)

I've also constantly shipped out units, my remaining batch 1 orders are about 75, so not that many.
http://boards.openpa...100#entry181420 (yesterday)

Mentioned a couple of times as well: about 170 of my customers and some number from Craig (I don't know his exact numbers, but a guesstimation is on the status page of the website)

I don't know why it went from 75 to 170, but mistakes happen. Lets go with somewhere in the middle.

The first of those is specifically talking about batch 1. I don't know for sure, but I tend to assume that the second one is talking about ALL original preorders, i.e. both batches 1 and 2.

so, yeah, we all know this is a bad situation thanks to CC we're in here, but do posts like this have to repeat every once in a while?
We have a three on the German boards where people post when their Pandora arrived and.I encourage them via mail to post there.
Remember my reasoning behind having the thread you've just mentioned, there were quite a few considerations regarding moderation of the forum.

My reasoning was that the better (and independent-ish) overview over Pandora shipments enables discussions to be rational and useful, as discussion that's not based on reliable information is bound to become useless in pretty much any case.

So, I think that you have basically answered your question yourself: I think that if this forum here also had a good 'order number' thread, then you, as well as many other users, would benefit from that, which might theoretically lead to deeper discussions, which might then in turn help you understand which criticizing posts are meant in what way, which in turn might help everyone who is wondering why things are the way they are to receive more precise answers. I let it up to you to decide whether this idea has worked on the German boards, and in any case, ask you to at least discuss this with the rest of the team.

-----

Some information on how to interpret the thread "Pandora erhalten? -> Bestellnummer hier eintragen!":

• "Bestellnummer:" - "order-number:"
  • "Bestelldatum: TT.MM.JJJJ:" - "order-date: DD.MM.YYYY" (notice it's "DD.MM.YYYY", not "MM.DD.YYYY")
  • "Versanddatum: TT.MM.JJJJ" - "shipping-date: DD.MM.YYYY" (notice it's "DD.MM.YYYY", not "MM.DD.YYYY")
  • "Zustelldatum: TT.MM.JJJJ" - "delivery-date: DD.MM.YYYY" (notice it's "DD.MM.YYYY", not "MM.DD.YYYY")
  • "Anzahl-Pandoras:" - "number-of-Pandoras:"

Back