2.11 Firmware

Mr Pace

Still Fresh
I recently upgraded my GP2x firmware from 2.0 to 2.11 and i seem to be getting less fps from my GNGeo emulator. Games such as KoF98 and Last Blade 2 seem to be running around 25-30fps whereas i'm sure i was getting 50fps whilst running firmware 2.0 :unsure:
Anyone have any ideas on this please? (my GP2x clocks at 277mhz stably btw)
Thanks for any help :)

over clock and use an 150x card, that could do it.
I was using a non-hi speed card and samsho 5 was unplayable at 250mhz (mine only stable to there)
but now it's awesome!

Well i tried re-installing the latest GNGeo and re-dumping the graphics for the roms and this largely seems to have worked :)
Couple of quick questions though...
1.) What does the 'raster' option do, and is it worth ticking
2.) Same for '320x240' ... is it better to check or uncheck this?

Lastly my KoF98 rom was working a treat before, now i get a black screen although the music plays fine. I've tried my KoF98 and KoF98n roms and redumped the gfx on both yet still the same problem :( Any ideas as this is my fave Neo Geo game i own, and it's great to play it on the move.

Mr Pace posted on Feb 17 2007 at 07:38 PM said:
Well i tried re-installing the latest GNGeo and re-dumping the graphics for the roms and this largely seems to have worked :)

Lastly my KoF98 rom was working a treat before, now i get a black screen although the music plays fine. I've tried my KoF98 and KoF98n roms and redumped the gfx on both yet still the same problem :( Any ideas as this is my fave Neo Geo game i own, and it's great to play it on the move.
thats what happens when you dump stripped roms = theres no graphic data in it so it dumps dummy files (can be good if you got the .gfx file with uhh.. gfx on it)

Last edited by a moderator:
1 - Raster option is for use with game like: Neo Geo Cup '98 - The Road of The Victory, Super Sidekicks 2 - The world Championship / Tokuten Ou 2 - real fight football, Super Sidekicks 3 - The Next Glory / Tokuten Ou 3 - eikoue no michi, Super Sidekicks 4 - The Ultimate 11 - The SNK Football Championship / Tokuten Ou - Honoo no Liberoe.

2 - Uncheck for the games like games using 304 x 224 pixels: Aggressors of Dark Kombat / Tsukai Gan Gan Koshinkyoku, Neo Turf Masters / Big Tournament Golf

Yod4z posted on Feb 18 2007 at 10:43 AM said:
1 - Raster option is for use with game like: Neo Geo Cup '98 - The Road of The Victory, Super Sidekicks 2 - The world Championship / Tokuten Ou 2 - real fight football, Super Sidekicks 3 - The Next Glory / Tokuten Ou 3 - eikoue no michi, Super Sidekicks 4 - The Ultimate 11 - The SNK Football Championship / Tokuten Ou - Honoo no Liberoe.

2 - Uncheck for the games like games using 304 x 224 pixels: Aggressors of Dark Kombat / Tsukai Gan Gan Koshinkyoku, Neo Turf Masters / Big Tournament Golf
Still can't get KoF 98 working though, have tried re-downloading it etc.. just get a green screen :(

the rom is STRIPPED !!!! try another one (didn't want to scream but did you read my reply ? )

strange, when i was using 2.0.0 my roms were fine, and when i upgraded to 2.1.1 they still play fine, idk how to help except mabey get new roms/dumps or get the latest GnGeo and (re)install it cause all my roms work fine, so i cant really help much.....

Back