Eeep Help!

entozoon

Still Fresh
firstly, my gp2x won't register on any computer when I connect it using the cable (but this isn't the main problem)::
I upgraded my firmware to 3.00 and now it won't recognise any SD cards... i've tried formatting an SD card, putting all the firmware 2.11 (to downgrade) onto it, and then holding start and select... but it starts saying 'upgrading firmware' and then goes onto the normal firmware 3.00 screen and hasn't changed atall.

I can't think what to do, because I can't upgrade the firmware from the SD or from a cable.. what can I do?

NB: When I plug my gp2x into the computer, a little popup flashes on and off saying 'a device has malfunctioned...'

I'm so screwed..

thanks in advance for your help guys,
Michael Cook
entozoon [at] gmail [d.o-t] c0m

I dont think that 2.1.1 is a full firmware (FW). You probably should downgrade to 2.0.0 or 2.1.0 and then upgrade again to 2.1.1 to have the newest firmware.

You are not missing out on much with regards to FW 3.0 except for a slick interface. Using GMENU2X solves that problem though.

After you get the FW sorted out then (hopefully) the SD card issue will be fixed.

Upgrade to firmware 2.0.0, then to 2.1.1

Good luck!

yeah what alex & linoleum said. you need a 2.0 firmware to do a proper downgrade (or upgrade). charge your batteries though.

Back