2 F-200 Q's...

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
How do I move this to the General forum?!

Right.

1) Just got my F-200 and loving it, except my video player doesn't seem to recognise anything on the SD card, MPEG4's.....should I be looking at using a different player? If so, what's the best one?

2) I've tried changing the startup sound to Wargames but it doesn't work (the updating process never starts, just gets stuck on the white GPH screen and I need to reboot), have they made the startup sounds compatible for the F-200?

For all you pedantic forum members, yes, I know that's THREE questions!

Look forward to your help!

Happy christmas.......

NickLoTurco said:
1) Just got my F-200 and loving it, except my video player doesn't seem to recognise anything on the SD card, MPEG4's.....should I be looking at using a different player? If so, what's the best one?

Mpeg4's should be fine but I believe it needs to be xvid (divx) in an .avi container. Maybe a guru could confirm that?
Not sure about audio - all my stuff is pcm, but mp3 should also work I guess

The default player is kind of odd so I downloaded mplayer from the archive, works a treat

Last edited by a moderator:
NickLoTurco said:

What do you mean by MPEG4 ?
The most common formats are avi or mpeg, avi files encoded in Xvid or Divx play fine, maybe you could use Pocketdivxencoder or Avidemux to get some infos about your files, in particular the codecs used for video and audio and the fourcc tag.
2) I've tried changing the startup sound to Wargames but it doesn't work (the updating process never starts, just gets stuck on the white GPH screen and I need to reboot), have they made the startup sounds compatible for the F-200?

You're limited to 1 MB file size and .wav format, Neurox created a little utility that, I think, is working for F200, GP2XINITSOUND.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back