2009 Year Of The Pandora

srusoff

Still Fresh
Just being curious, on the orginal web site, in the left pannel of the screen, they mention 2009 was supposed to be the year of the Pandora, what I would like to know is what went wrong to prevent mass production to take place.

From what I remember was July 21, 2009 the start date for the creation of the case molds, and this was supposed to take 45 days to complete, its now January 1, 2010, and this is still under review.

When will this journey finally come to production.

Thanks,
Scott

I think this is a good topic, but one that only team members should answer. Anyone else will just be speculating and guessing!

Chris

China went wrong.

First they'll delay your cases, then they'll issue the death sentence for gazing upon a woman's ankle.

It was the mould company's fault - the estimate they gave for completion was 35 days & here we are at past 100.

and MWeston better not miss the ups guy again. I'm banking on mid-February currently... about to move twice in that time tho, guess I'll have to change my delivery address =/

Well I think things went wrong well before the mould even got started. But that would be the main reason it didn't make 2009! To many things to list, and still just speculation really(bank,vendors, ect.)! As far as release dates go, I'm voting for feb or march at this point myself! Even if we get the green light this week, I don't think the mould company will get them done that fast, or something else is bound to go wrong(shipping, silkscreen, board problems, ect.). I hope I'm proven wrong, but I really don't see them turning out thousands, and getting them to Texas within a few weeks(It would be nice though)! A great start to the new year!

Chris

Once the case is given the green light, how long will it take to make the case and after that, they have to be shipped to the facility to build the pandora's.

Currently, what is the status of the motherboards, are they finished.

My wish isn't only for the Pandora to be out and in the hands of those who preordered it but for the Pandora to be available for me to buy and know that when said person gets my money that my unit will be shipped out shortly after not a preorder. I wouldn't want to be out the money till my unit is on the way. So knowing that preorders are the only thing they will be doing for a while I fear I will not get a pandora anytime soon or even probably this year.

Let's get the whole "bank" thing straight.

The banks were not a problem. The credit/debit/etc payment methods mostly specify a specfic delivery time, I believe a couple of months. The bank account was then frozen due to OpenPandora failing to deliver within that time, and they had to issue refunds and seek other payment methods. Not that it was necessarily their fault, but that's the reality. Taking money at that point in time was a bit of a gamble, and they lost.

I hope 2010 will be the year of the Pandora. Craig said himself that he's highly confident that the units will ship in January '10. The final stretch is ending...

I havent had time to read through the forums lately, but have we heard any updated info about the cases? Last I heard, the test cases were supposed to be shipped to mweston over a week ago (the 23rd). I realize that it is christmas/new years time, but ave there been any updates with that?

Well UPS attempted delivery at Michaels on wed(he missed it), and no one has heard if they redelivered yesterday. So if we don't hear anything today or tomorrow, monday should be the day!

Chris

Well, I think that if craig, and the other pandora teams have the pandora, even if they are semi-prototypes, it will pass only a few months before mass prod. will start.

jumpman said:
Well UPS attempted delivery at Michaels on wed(he missed it), and no one has heard if they redelivered yesterday. So if we don't hear anything today or tomorrow, monday should be the day!
Maybe Michael is busy eating some of Canada's world famous cheese.

craigix said:
Regina was the only place in Canada where I managed to get *REAL* cheese.
If they arrived already he is probably looking everything over carefully making sure the parts are perfect. The Texas company that will assemble them is on vacation until monday anyways. If all is okay the end of the second week of January should see Pandoras being shipped to customers. :)
sexy_ups_girl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CC_machine said:
Let's get the whole "bank" thing straight.

The banks were not a problem. The credit/debit/etc payment methods mostly specify a specfic delivery time, I believe a couple of months. The bank account was then frozen due to OpenPandora failing to deliver within that time, and they had to issue refunds and seek other payment methods. Not that it was necessarily their fault, but that's the reality. Taking money at that point in time was a bit of a gamble, and they lost.

I hope 2010 will be the year of the Pandora. Craig said himself that he's highly confident that the units will ship in January '10. The final stretch is ending...

That is NOT what happened. We kept to the rules exactly. HSBC just decided they didn't want to play. They never believed the UK distribution would sell all 3000. When we did they panicked as they had not got any security on the account. They then got their big lawyers to force us to give in.

There is no 'specfic delivery time', all the merchant rules say is that 'you believe you can supply the product'. Car dealers can take deposits/full price on cars months before they are delivered. Same for kitchens, custom furniture, other electronics etc. etc.

Someone at HSBC just screwed up and once that ball was rolling there was no stopping it.

The other delay is just these cases. Michael does have the new ones now.

[/quote]

Alright, let's green light these puppies. I want to see my Pandora 2 weeks from monday.

"Make It So" :lol:

Chris

jumpman said:

Alright, let's green light these puppies. I want to see my Pandora 2 weeks from monday.

Chris
[/quote]

Those cases are already out of date, more are being sent tomorrow.

craigix said:
jumpman said:

Chris

Those cases are already out of date, more are being sent tomorrow.
[/quote]
Nooooooooooooooo! What's wrong with the current set?

Chris

Back