2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa

John Cleese brings it to the point:

And the man is right! :lol:

I'm no fan of (real) Football but I still prefer it over American Football. I've tried to watch and understand what's going on in American Football but nobody explained it to me (I guess because nobody in Germany plays it :D ) so I find it is boring, to much interruptions for my taste. And they only have 1 Final Day of the Championship, they call it "Superbowl". The Real Football World Cup is only each 4. year BUT it's like one Month Superbowl - Party on! :D

SONY said:
I'm making bets for England to beat Germany...well, I hope to anyway. :)

yeah i hope so too, otherwise the remaining german pandora customers won´t get their devices in the space of 2 months! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
4:1 !!! =D

While Craig is all like

craig-rothwell_large.jpg

ED must be all like

EDFun.png

right now.

:D

poor England, but those lions were quite tame and didn't play very well...

What the referee saw...
QxJvh.jpg

I'm german and I also think the correct result should be 4:2
But I doubt that England would had won the match if the goal was valid. I'm not into self-honoring or so and I'm not a Football Expert but for me it simply looked that germany just played better than England on this match. ^^"

I didn't know about this football game until yesterday when we were able to eat in a really good restaurant without a reservation because everyone was supposedly watching this match.

It was wonderful.

Wonderful until some taxi driver burst in screaming '4-1! We lost 4-1!', as if everyone in the place would want to know.

The woman on reception said loudly 'Well thank god for that!'.

He left.

I finished the most delicious goats cheese salad with half a bottle of wine.

fusion_power said:
But I doubt that England would had won the match if the goal was valid. I'm not into self-honoring or so and I'm not a Football Expert but for me it simply looked that germany just played better than England on this match. ^^"

I have to say I'm not sure, you know football, the difference between being at 2:2 and being at 2:1 is getting hit by the next one because you are frustrated by the goal you were denied...
Psychology is a VERY big part of the game...

centus said:
fusion_power said:

I have to say I'm not sure, you know football, the difference between being at 2:2 and being at 2:1 is getting hit by the next one because you are frustrated by the goal you were denied...

I agree, the result could've been very different if the goal had stood. But seeing as they weren't mentally strong enough to use that blow to fire themselves up, they deserved to lose.

centus said:
fusion_power said:

Of course this is a good point, one goal can make a huge difference. But there is always alot of "if" and "when" in Football games. ;) You have to travel into alternate Universes to check what would had happen if the Goal was count. ^^

Back