2gb Sd Card Only 1gb....?

mrjamierocks

Still Fresh
its got me confused :blink: , i've tried formatting it and it still comes up as 968 mb.
has anyone else had this problem and if so did you solve it?

thanks for any help.

ps its a sandisk 2.0 gb card if that helps.

How have you tried to format the card ?, Via a card reader on a windows pc, An Apple Mac ?, In a digital camera ?.

Where did you get/purchase said card, Ebay ?.

If you use windows and have a card reader, Try formatting the card to FAT32 and not FAT.

Trooper

I tried to format through windows xp but it said it couldn't, I put it in a digital camera and formatted it and then I hooked it up to the computer and it said i had 2gb but when i put files onto it I could only put 968mb worth of files on it.
I also formatted it with a sdformatting program but it formatted it to 968mb......is the sd card faulty?

ps it was purchased brand new from a major retailer

No, it's probably only formatting it as FAT16, and it has a limit of 1GB... You'll need a way to format it as FAT32... you could probably download mkdosfs for WinXP and use it.

It could be a fake. I think I remember that some fakes only formatted to 968 MB. Is there a Sandisk validation page to see if it's authentic? Transcend has one.

Hooka said:
No, it's probably only formatting it as FAT16, and it has a limit of 1GB... You'll need a way to format it as FAT32... you could probably download mkdosfs for WinXP and use it.
I have a 4gb SD here that's formatted properly under FAT16... with 3.5gb of stuff on it.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Does your card reader support more than 1 GB? A lot of old ones don't.
my gp2x is connected to my computer via usb, i have a laptop that has a sd card slot but when i tried to format it through winxp, it didn't work

I do not own a card reader :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back