2nd Of Two Threads ... Xbox Modchip

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
Dug out my old xbox recently and installed a modchip Xcecutioner (or something like that). It is the one with the 3 external switches for flashing bios, disabling chip etc. It works well and plays backups perfectly.

However, the real reason i did this was for emulators. I left the original HD installed so storage is relatively limited. I hear xbox emulation is very advanced,

Just wondering the state of play for Amiga, Snes, N64 & PS1 emulation. Are we talking full speed here? If so, what are the names of the best emu's? Does it emulate staurn at all?

I can burn backup original games no probs, but what is the best way to create iso's with emulators and roms on DVD? Would it be better to simply install a new HD, and if so any recommendations?

Please PM any info that should not be stated here <_< Due to multiple setups and my lack of experience with the xbox modding scene, I am pretty confused with all the info out there!

Finally, any freeware, or reasonably priced burning software that covers all the main formats (iso, nrg & mdf?)

Cheers.

I have just burned a dvd with SNES, Genesis, 32X, Master System, MAME, NES & GBA emulators and roms and all work great. SNES in particular is very impressive. The right analogue stick scales the screen in real time to any dimensions as you play. GBA too looks really good on my 32" TV - a lot better than i thought!!

I bought some expensive branded DVD-R's today but could not get them working. Finally I tried some old unbranded DVD RW's i had lying around and they work perfectly!

Will give PS1 & N64 a go soon. Really cool having all those 'consoles' working from the one box. I'd recommend xbox emulators to anyone running out of space with all their old consoles!

My main time drain on the Xbox is playing N64 games using Surreal64. It's brilliant. Compatibility isn't 100%, but most things I've tried have worked at full speed. Goldeneye & Perfect Dark are perfectly playable. My favourite game, Road Rash 64, is extremely fast and only suffers from very minor sound stuttering.

Yeah, N64 emulation is crazy! I also enjoy the pcengine emulator a lot though I find the picture that it puts out not as nice, there is some weird artifacts on the screen borders. What you have to try is the FBA port to xbox. CPS, CPS2 and Neogeo are emulated very well and it looks mighty dandy aswell! Also you get the chance to battle your buddies in some wild Street Fighter Alpha 3 matches.

Back