2x Storage

txd

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I remember seeing dual MicroSD to SD convertor.

But i was browsing on deal extreme, and found a Dual SDHC to SD convertor
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17296
It was wires so it should be possible to put them inside the pandora somewhere. dunno where tho.

I dunno if u have seen similar things before. i but i think it looks pretty awesome ^_^

No, thats a 'Dual-Slot SDHC SD to MS Pro Duo Adapter/Converter for PSP 2000 (32GB Max)' - Squidge

That does look cool, would be awesomme to have 128gb storage in the p&|a.
(Why that isn't the official logo I just dont know, it's FRRRIICKINN AWESOMMMEE MANNN)

That is used to convert memory stick pro duo to sdhc, and its for the psp.

When using new SD(HC) cards, you need to format with a SONY product before you can store data.

this is very cool but you do have to format your memory sticks and if you use them without being in this device it corrupts your data. not a big deal, just leave them in all the time. but what i do think is we would need a linux compatible program to design a similar to the sony program being put in effect that would be usable by the pandora, not with sony products.

do you think it wont work just out of the box.
or will it need some work, like code or similar?

Are micro sd even available in 32GB? I dont think so... Even if it was it would likely be double the cost. So that would be $200usd each or $800usd for four. Its not worth it, just wait for higher capacities and lower prices.

edit:
Dual-Slot SDHC SD to MS Pro Duo Adapter/Converter for PSP 2000 (32GB Max)

I don't think so, and if there were 64GB MicroSD's then you must be a couple years in the future

Bramrash said:
Its for SD/SDHC...

Yeah lol ^_^ and on deal extreme they have cheap sdhc cards, i saw a 16gb for 10$

EDIT: scratch that, i looked wrong. but i guess u could find some pretty cheap ones

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that was an adapter...

PhotoFast CR-5300 SDHC TransFlash TF to MS Pro Duo Adapter/Converter (16GB Max) new

Bramrash said:
I think that was an adapter...
PhotoFast CR-5300 SDHC TransFlash TF to MS Pro Duo Adapter/Converter (16GB Max) new

yeah thats the one, im sorry, but we should be able to find some cheap ones ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
you still don't see, it is for MS Pro Duo, not an SD output, it might be good for the Sony PSP, but not helpful otherwise. It would take more power and money in total to convert them twice, plus it would slow down in speed slightly

check behind the fridge

I think he was thinking about wireing it in some way to the pandora's insides, not good at that sort of stuff so im not gonna try, but would be awesomme

Thing is: the kernel is what handles the dual SD input, so he will have to edit the kernel each time it comes out and release his own for that specific mod. Personally, I don't see how that is going to happen regularly, as people with the mod would be left out for amounts of time on the updates and loose that functionality.

This mentioned dual SDHC to MS pro duo adapter give me an idea. Maybe some skilled man (such as MWeston or so ;-) can design an adapter for 2 SDHC cards in raid 0 to 1 SDHC slot. If it is difficulty design it fo 2 micro (transflash) cards inside to one regular SD slot, than maybe it can be done for 2 regular (or micro) cards outside slot, attached by flat cable to the slot.
It is only an idea. I'm not so skilled in such way to judge possibility, expensiveness, backflow and so.
--
Edit: If it is possible and affordable, than it bring more speed and more capacity.

It's possible, but considering every SD card tells you how big it is and that every OS reads this info, you would have to have a processor powerful enough to drive two SD cards, as well as emulate a fake SD card to the OS.

Not practical (Plus 128GB isn't yet specified for SDHC, so it may not work at all, depending on the OS)

If you want 128GB of internal storage, your just going to have to buy 2x64GB cards and put one in each slot on the Pandora.

Back