Dual Slot Sdhc Adapter?

krosfyah

Syntax Error
Website
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a dual slot sd adapter card? I've seen ones that take 2x microsd and turn them into a single memory stick pro duo but all the sd adapters seem to only take single microsd cards.

If something like that exists it would be a lot more expensive than the micro/miniSD to SD converters.

The micro, mini and regular SD all have the same pins, and work the same way (I think) so those "converters" are just a bit of plastic with a few wires in.

To actually convert between card formats, or use two cards as one would require onboard logic, and probably quite complex stuff.
You'd probably be better just buying a new card, considering the cost of flash memory these days.

I've also seen them. It's just like having one of those adapters with multiple card types, and you can insert several different cards at once and use them all at once, but they're still separate. What they do is similar to that, but with 2 of the same types of card.

krosfyah said:
2x microsd and turn them into a single memory stick pro duo

Are you sure you got that right...? It takes 2 microSD and allows a device to write to it as a single MS Pro Duo?

Never seen that before, at least the converting between formats (SD to MS Pro Duo) with 2 cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah just like the Photofast ones for Memory Sticks. I would've thought that 2x microSDHC to SDHC would be even easier but I guess there's no market for it?

No worries, I can always use them separately since the Pandora will have 2 SD slots anyway :)

I'm hardly surprised that something like this exists for MSPD. I wish Sony would throw in the towel on that annoying format and adopt SD instead. Or I would if I actually used any of their products other than televisions and the PS3.

Hmm... according to newegg, can pick up 32gb SDHC for $70, and the cheapest 16gb microSDHC for $45. That would mean doing this would cost $20 + the adapter more than getting a single 32gb SDHC.

The question is, do you get a performance boost of using two cards in parallel? I suppose it would depend on the adapter and the throughput of the SD slot.

I recall that the Pandora's controller can theoretically do about 20MB/sec, which means realistically close to 15MB/sec.

Most Class 6 cards are slower than that. Mine does about 10MB/sec. I know Lexar makes some faster ones that would easily max out the Pandora's SDHC controller, but you pay a price premium. My SDHC cards are the cheapest I can find. ;)

typs lik dis said:
Double MicroSD to Pro Duo adapters are available. It's like a shitty RAID controller. I know of some PSP users reporting success using Photofast adapters. I haven't seen any similar SDHC adapters, though.
I have the Photofast 5400 and it works great on the PSP. I have tested it with my two 8GB microSD and it works great. I haven't seen an SDHC that does this either. That would be neat to see though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back