32MB Upgrade now a real possibility?

If gamepark made a 64Mb Version they could even call it GP64 and a little 200mhz upgrade would scare the competition a little.

Personally, I wouldn't want to risk my hardware for the extra memory, but since the FLU is essentially just a hack-job, I would be perfectly willing to order a pre-modded one.

Though to make it all worthwhile. I do think that the CPU should be replaced with a 200Mhz rated one :)

so how many points in total need soldered???

Do you need to remove the old 8mb Ram Chip??

I would love nothing more than to re-soldier my exhisting gp32 with a 32mb ramchip. I can also see alot of unhappy faces in trying this stunt.

However, it would be even cooler to see game park allow an upgrade for the exhisting owners. Maybe something where we send our units back to them and they upgrade the ram, bios and clockspeed to something better. 200mhz with overclocking and 32/64mb ram would be nice. I could see myself putting up an extra 90+usd for the chips, service and shipping. maybe hacking in an extra button kitty-courner below the B button. - might be asking a bit much there. :)

But I guess dreaming dosent accomplish much in life either ;)

So... Bring on the 32mb chip and the diagrams !! :)

Cheers,
YUZO

Back