3G GUI

Network Manager already supports it,

maybe you'll just have to install a few drivers from the angstrom repo to make it work (edit: here)

Which 3G stick are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Huawei E160, firstly proven to work here

edit: strangely, lsusb command outputs E220 HSDPA Modem / E270 HSDPA/HSUPA Modem, so they should work too
That bit I put in bold will be the chipset. Many cheap devices are made with components bought from second-party harware manufacturers.

Alerino, what sort of magic did you do to make Huawei E160 to work? I have a Huawei E160E and so far my closest call to make it work after those gp32x topic's instructions are that the Huawei asks pincode, I enter it and it disconnects. And it seems to disconnect itself when plugged in, because when I do "sudo lsusb" it sometimes doesn't find Huawei even if it's plugged into Pandora. What else I need to do beside the instructions?

Edit: I suspect I can't get it to modeswitch. It seems to think my Huawei as a mass storage device when I look the debug message with the "sudo /lib/udev/modem-modeswitch -v 0x12d1 -p 0x1003 -t option-zerocd -d" and it says "E: no device found."

ttyUSB messages doesn't indicate generic converter detected, they say GSM modem (1-port) converter attached. So how will I perform this miraculous task called modeswitch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back