5 new reviews on GP32 World

i'll do some reviews in about 2ish weeks ;) . i am setting up a home network so i can get the net on my main box. duron 1ghz. beats the crap outa my parents celeron 500mhz B) snicker snicker

It was a different craig that made the banner (as far as I know!)

What do you think of it, nice isn't it?

Why does everyone hate frames? I think they are great :)

That site won't work SCM

Frames suck as many browsers can't use them. Including Lynx, WebTV, search engine robots...
Also they constrict the viewer. A person wants to see the page where he wants, not be forced to scroll the pages within a sub-window.
Finally a hell of a lot of people get the targets wrong so links open up in the same frame as the link itself :(

Done subtly, for a top or sidebar, it can look good. However tables are cooler and more flexible; I save frames for when they're functionally useful, for instance comparing two things side-by-side.

- Rico

I have added a no-frames index to my webpage, it is only basic, but it should stop some people moaning

I read a few of your reviews i noticed you said the PCE emu was full speed, its not u need to put it on frameskip 30fps (thats half speed) as when sprites flash in some games they become completley invisable for the duration of the flash because of this frame skip.

Aslo Movie park got a lower rating for sound than the SCUMM emu. the 133mhz SCUMM (the one that wont fry your screen) crackles anoyingly most of the time .While movie park sound is pretty good considering and is also dependant on the way the movie is compressed.

Sorry just minor stuff, just thought id mention it.

I agree that some of the reviews need to be looked at for continuity reasons, I will sort those out later today

Thanks for bringing them to my attention

Back