5" screen (on a P2)

I will say active users often don't take forums seriously enough

That explains a lot on your attitude...

This is the, "Pandora 2 Spam" area.

This whole section of the board is for dreaming, brainstorming, idea generation and general fantasies about, 'What would it be like if we configured the device THIS way?'.

I guess I prefer correct information, accurate and fair analyses, and *progress*.

Clearly we are all not dreaming accurately or correctly enough.

????????????

People like exophase are a nice spash of reality and many more times than not a very heavy dose of accurate reality. He can be harsh at times but if its one thing hes accurate.

I find people like that to be invalueable, not candy coating stuff and will give you a no nonsense answer. But along with that is you have to put up with arrogance and sometimes being talked down to. Its just how it is though. Im not excusing the behavior, im just saying thats how people of that caliber of expertise react to what sometimes see as dumb questions. I myself find i do it to people i work with too. I take for granted not everyone in my field are at the same level and i find myself saying "what a dumbass" more times than not.

So while this is a section for dreaming and designing with your heads in the clouds, its nice and i think very welcome to have that anchor on what is possible so we dont find ourselves arguing back and forth about stuff that couldnt even happen to begin with. Someone to jump in and say... "you all are idiots, this is how it is"

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2

If this had been the other way round your autistic pedant nature would have been telling me it was not ONLY a phone.
Oh god, seems like there will be some more ragequits soon. Don't get too personal, please.
In fact: As an (high functioning) autist, i do feel insulted. Watch your language, Craig!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad response.

Well, some would say, it's because of your "autistic nature", that you do not understand the insults coming from you, because you are not able to put yourself into someones position. ;)

Same bullshit.

But I'm not making fun of the disabled.

Exophase has an autistic nature. That's just what I think.

I see no reason how this could offend someone with autism.

Just stop talking about autist(ic) stuff, when it's totally out of place.

In regard to your arguments, not every autist has an autistic nature, because that's a whole different thing.

Great bullshit.

Time to redirect the hatred from CraigIX to me.

Note: The following is a joke. If you can not take a joke, then kindly skip the following.

We've all heard of ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

I've decided I have ASID. Attention Surplus Inactivity Disorder.

I can sit nearly motionless for hours at a time playing a video game to the point of loosing track of time.

Time is not constant and is not unidirectional.

The proof is that great video games are, in fact negative time generators.

Back to our regular lack of humor.

Time to redirect the hatred from CraigIX to me.

Note: The following is a joke. If you can not take a joke, then kindly skip the following.

We've all heard of ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

I've decided I have ASID. Attention Surplus Inactivity Disorder.

I can sit nearly motionless for hours at a time playing a video game to the point of loosing track of time.

Time is not constant and is not unidirectional.

The proof is that great video games are, in fact negative time generators.

Back to our regular lack of humor.
But if whilst you sat upon said couch playing said videogame in a motionless manner.the couch could in fact be travelling thru time and thus relatively speaking you would be in motion!

Also has anyone noticed how 'change' effects the forums here? I expect a bloody riot when the P2 is unveiled!!

Exophase: This isn't the Craig-Forum. Instead of avoiding this forum, there's always the option to avoid discussing with Craig.

I for one am thankful for your insightful posts as well as your amazing software work. Same goes to notaz.

Well, I try to just ignore all the stress here, Craig is Craig and Exo is Exo, he just can't hold still when he feels that someone is wrong on the Internet. :D

The P2 will be the best ever handheld computer, it's all or nothing for us.
I hope this will include the Software too, not only the Hardware. ;) Your HW ideas sound pretty complex, let's hope you will find more than just 1-3 people doing the Kernel/ OS work, otherwise we will have the best Handheld Hardware but nothing to run on it. ^^

3 Years or so for Pandora OS to get into something like up to date state, kernel wise. If I calculate this up to an even more complex Architecture with maybe 64Bit and whatever, it could easily take 10 Years untill the Software is compatible enough for the all new andd fresh (maybe even untested) Hardware.

Wise decision to clear up things privately.

Not really. His PM was a series of demands that I publicly proclaim my utter ineptitude and bow to him in all things plus a few thinly veiled threats.

It had nothing to do with any form of civil conversation. As such, it wasn't worth responding to.

Wise decision to clear up things privately.

Not really. His PM was a series of demands that I publicly proclaim my utter ineptitude and bow to him in all things plus a few thinly veiled threats.

It had nothing to do with any form of civil conversation. As such, it wasn't worth responding to.

I said that once you admit your conclusion was wrong you must roll back many publicly stated conclusions. Do I need to post the pm so you don't keep changing my words? (EDIT: Done, see below)

When Exophase saw his poll, his reaction was to the effect of, "Well, gee, that's not what I expected..." (concession)

When you reacted to your poll, your reaction was, "Well, gee, I win the debate because of X..." (no concession, scroll to the line where he speaks of summarizing categories)

Then when I proceed to tell you X is mathematically incorrect because Y, you ignore Y and paint me as too focused on statistics that are suddenly insignificant or irrelevant.

You can't concede you're incorrect about something, that is what my beef boils down to. Funny how the winning response in your poll entirely contradicts your opinion in the debate that kicked up the two polls in the first place.

(The pm sent to Grench, watch for the demands to bow and lots of threats)

Since we've been clogging up the forums and I'm going to go through the same points, I moved this to pm.

I insist you get your analysis correct before we move forward in conversation. I can't stand conversing with irrational people.

Your categorical sum analysis is objectively wrong. All it takes is one scenario where the analysis becomes absurd to prove this (counterexample).

Ex:

Every person finds every configuration acceptable.

In this example, summing the votes up in each category gives you 7 votes for every SD option, and 6 votes for every microSD. Or, alternatively, I believe you were attempting to categorize by the combination of internal/external and full-size/micro. I didn't read the full post once I saw you missed the point, but perhaps then you get 10 votes for microSD for every 8 full-size SD. Whatever the exact count, maybe microSD ends up winning.

The point is that your conclusion is based on an imbalanced analysis. If every person likes every configuration, how the fuck can one category of configuration come out winning over another??

When I said it was rigged, I didn't mean YOU rigged it intentionally, that was a mistakenly used word by myself. What I meant was the imbalance, and your attempt to analyze based upon any category is objectively wrong for this very reason.

Once you admit this, you have to roll back X number of publicly stated incorrect conclusions because nothing can stand on your faulty logic. I doubt you will do this.

Back