512MB on your GP32 (for a price)

Rabel1

Still Fresh
You can now use XD Picture Card media with your GP32 using this adapter from Atech. The adapter costs $15-$30. It is available at Fry's electronics in the U.S. for $15 or via their web page (http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3707636) for $20. The manufacturer's web page is www.atechflash.com.

Here is a link to a picture:
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?im...-178-802-01.JPG

XD Picture Card media runs about $200 for 512MB or $104 for 256MB. Also available in 128MB, 64MB, 32MB.

I have not tried this yet. Anyone care to be the first? Will the GPLink software even let you format 512MB?

Rabel1

hmm sounds very intresting, but perhaps you need a gpbios and gpupdate to get this work, are you sure this is a smc 3v adapter, if yew, it should work...
Thanks for the info, try to look if i can get one of these adapters...
but still this cards are very expensive... @ ebay 190€ for a 512 card...
thats a flu unit :D
bye

PS:
here is another picture of it:
smca.jpg

Yep, its 3.3v, I would LOVE to see someone test it out.

You can tell its 3.3 by the layout, its exactly the same is an normal card.

Thi has been tried before, and didn't work, IIRC, although that may have been a differend XD->SMC adapter; it only officially supported up to 128meg SMC sizes...

the adapter i found at ebay was for upto 512... but perhaps the gp32 goes only (by bios) upto 128, so we need a modicated bios...
but not sure about this :D
this thing is mainly for using new xd cards on an old cardreader, but some card readers need update to use this big cards... perhaps the same on gp32.

PS: but im more intrsted in modifcation of the bios to get more ram to work than this... just want to see neogeo :D
cu

You could Buy Ten (Or more) 128MB SMC's for the price of that 512MB Card (SMC costing £17) :D B) :blink: :ph34r: <_<

:p Ah now this would be a worthwhile investment i rekon. 512 megs would leave loooads of space for a film or 2 along with a load of emus and games. Although steve-o has a good point that you could just buy a load of smcs... If david blaine had one of these things and a gp he could have watched a different simpsons episode everyday he was in his box!

Dozer posted on Sep 22 2003 at 07:36 PM said:
If david blaine had one of these things and a gp he could have watched a different simpsons episode everyday he was in his box!
That man is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a cool idea, but just too damn expensive. as steve-o said, you can buy a lot of normal 128 mb smc cards for the same money..

Back