A "cool Hand Held"

sm1988

Still Fresh
I dont know about the rest of you guys but i just turned 31 and I own both a psp and a ds but I think that the pandora is something that I could play out in the open with out looking "kiddish" I mean it looks like a mini laptop now that I am in my 30's I think it will be cool to have something more sophisticated and also allow me to play mappy land :D

sm1988 said:
I dont know about the rest of you guys but i just turned 31 and I own both a psp and a ds but I think that the pandora is something that I could play out in the open with out looking "kiddish" I mean it looks like a mini laptop now that I am in my 30's I think it will be cool to have something more sophisticated and also allow me to play mappy land :D
You're right. It's just a shame that the console isn't leather covered. Now THAT's sophistication.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although that said, I can think of few mods as easy as adding leather to a clamshell handheld... you'd only really have to worry about leaving holes for the various cables you'd want to plug in.

A Pandora Journal would be quite an interesting piece of kit...

Hey, I have the same problem. That's why I took up PDA gaming.

Honestly, I think the Pandora will still look like a mature DS. I think I look a little daft with my UMPC as well. But that's where I draw ther line. Society to he|l. ;)

I have a feeling people will think the Pandora is a black DS Lite much of the time, until they get closer and notice some of the glaring differences.

In fact, I think we'll hear about some pretty interesting "WTF is THAT?!" moments when Pandoras finally go on sale.

Tobriand said:
A Pandora Journal would be quite an interesting piece of kit...
Yes, it would.

sm1988 said:
I mean it looks like a mini laptop now that I am in my 30's I think it will be cool to have something more sophisticated and also allow me to play mappy land :D
Hello Kitty World is good too. Seriously. It's a fun game... kinda like Balloon Fight's scrolling mode.

OK guys... Shut up. :angry:

Nova said:
sm1988 said:
You're right. It's just a shame that the console isn't leather covered. Now THAT's sophistication.

Then it would become insulation.

hitbyambulance said:
sm1988 said:
omething that I could play out in the open with out looking "kiddish"
people care about this sort of thing?

Meh I just want a hand held as cool as me B) I love video games but I love getting laid more

I'd prefer a wood-grain finish myself - all the cool kids are doing it!

sm1988 said:
Meh I just want a hand held as cool as me B) I love video games but I love getting laid more
I doubt a video game system has ever got anybody laid more - or at all. A cell phone? Maybe. A TV? Possibly. A mp3 player? Yeah, that's happened. But a video game system? No -- not unless it was a girl who owned the system and used it for her predatory ways.

Now that I think about it, a girl with a video game system - *any* video game system of her own - not her brother's, or her (ex-)boyfriend's, or her dad's.... But her own video game system? Just call me Paris, cuz "That's Hot."

chad78 said:
I'd prefer a wood-grain finish myself - all the cool kids are doing it!

sm1988 said:
I doubt a video game system has ever got anybody laid more - or at all. A cell phone? Maybe. A TV? Possibly. A mp3 player? Yeah, that's happened. But a video game system? No -- not unless it was a girl who owned the system and used it for her predatory ways.

Now that I think about it, a girl with a video game system - *any* video game system of her own - not her brother's, or her (ex-)boyfriend's, or her dad's.... But her own video game system? Just call me Paris, cuz "That's Hot."

So Chad i can call you Paris ?
There are a lot of girls which have a video game system :p

Near me : Me, my two girl, the girlfriend of my boy ( which have one too of course)
my two niece
and a neighbor girl

ok they are childreen too
and i think i am the only adult in the vicinity :p

only NDS of course :D

i want too a leather cover like this maybe :
http://www.noreve.com/category/PC+de+poche..._Tradition.html

in wood hum why not :p

Arialia said:

So Chad i can call you Paris ?
There are a lot of girls which have a video game system :p
[/quote]

Sure. Paris Chadton, why not?

I should have said "Woman" and not "Girl".

And I guess there are DS's targeted to women - not too many guys want a pink "Princess Peach" DS Lite.

But, really, I was just kidding. Although, if I meet a woman close to my own age that has more game consoles than me - I will be on her like Urkel on Laura. ;) :ph34r:

closetwam said:
Balloon Fight. Sweet!
:D Balloon Fight is a great game.

And I'm serious about "Hello Kitty World" - it's quite good. In fact, it's basically a sequel to Balloon Fight (sans the Joust mode though) - for that matter, the same game was released for the Gameboy as "Balloon Kid." The NES version just has Hello Kitty instead of a kid. The nice thing about the NES game is it's in full color and higher resolution.

There's also an English patch for the game: http://www.romhacking.net/trans/157/

Hello Kitty World is undoubtedly THE game for cool grown-ups like us to play on Pandora! :p

chad78 said:
Next time you're in Jersey I'll set you up with my friend Ellissa. She owns every system made in the last ten years and could probably kick your ass at most of the games. She actually bought a 2nd Wii because it was too much of a hassle to disconnect the first one to bring it out to parties. I've never seen her outside her house without either a DS or PSP or both.

Yes Chad, gamer girls do exist :D

Indeed they do exist. I remember nintendo having a red and black ds lite for the brain training bundle that comes in a leather slip case. Im now thinking about how comfortable it would be to hold it vertically like a book.

Chip said:
Next time you're in Jersey I'll set you up with my friend Ellissa. She owns every system made in the last ten years and could probably kick your ass at most of the games. She actually bought a 2nd Wii because it was too much of a hassle to disconnect the first one to bring it out to parties. I've never seen her outside her house without either a DS or PSP or both.

Yes Chad, gamer girls do exist :D
She bought a second wha...?

.... :blink:

:blink: :unsure: :wacko:

:wub: :blink:

B)

Ok, back on topic... A leather case ≠ a leather straitjacket. There are plenty of examples of solid plastic, leather, or metal cases for game systems and laptops that don't end up melting the mother board.

My DS Lite, for example, is rarely seen outside of its Nerf Armor - but heat is not an issue for it. (And the armor is very thick. It more than doubles the size of the DS.) My N800 lives in a silcone jacket, and it doesn't even get warm to the touch.

There would have to be plenty of holes just for the connectively to be accessible, and you can always add ventilation to the design.

Back