A Copy Of Noob Questions

Tony Hoyle

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
A couple of questions I haven't managed to work out yet:

1. When the sound is coming out of the TV you also get sound out of the gp2x, which is annoying. Putting a plug in the headphones mutes the TV as well! There must be a way around this but I can't find it.

2. Can't get gpfce to work.. I've read the FAQ, etc. but not go anywhere. Just get "Cannot access to directory" when it starts up. I've created the roms/nes directory and put some roms in there.. it isn't saying what it cannot access so it's not a lot of help, and I searched on here and nobody else has the issue!! means I'm missing something fundamental somewhere...

3. Despite downloading the 'mega pack' for uae4all which is supposed to contain only 'working' disk images, I've only got 2 out of about 50 I've tried so far to do anything other than crash. Is there some trick to it or is amiga just too hard to emulate?

2. Can't get gpfce to work.. I've read the FAQ, etc. but not go anywhere. Just get "Cannot access to directory" when it starts up. I've created the roms/nes directory and put some roms in there.. it isn't saying what it cannot access so it's not a lot of help, and I searched on here and nobody else has the issue!! means I'm missing something fundamental somewhere...

Can't help with the other two, but regarding #2... Did you put your roms/nes folder in the root directory? Is it in lowercase? Perhaps those are simple suggestions and you've already done them, but without having more information those are some easy things to check.

saehn

Last edited by a moderator:
1. When the sound is coming out of the TV you also get sound out of the gp2x, which is annoying. Putting a plug in the headphones mutes the TV as well! There must be a way around this but I can't find it.
Just connect the TV to the headphone port of the GP2x and don´t use the jacks on the TV out.

Last edited by a moderator:
#3: make sure you have CPU bias to the lowest setting at the start, then raise it if needed later.

I tried playing with the CPU bias but putting it at the lowest setting just causes guru meditations on a lot of the games.. which is a bit better than locking up totally I suppose but still not exactly 'working' :p

As far as gpfce goes.. using absolute paths like that is really lame - that's high on the list for recompiling when I get the SDK running (and the time, since I spend all day compiling stuff for a living anyway I'm not too motivated to try it in the evenings...).

Back