A Couple Of Gpdoom Questions....

Morgoth

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
First of all, is there any way to play the full version of the original Doom on the GP32? I not asking for links to warez, I'm just *curious* if someone has ported the whole thing.

Also, do mods made for the original Doom on PC work for GPDoom?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, of course you can play the full version. You just need the full version wad file (which you won't find any links to here :p ).
Mods will work. Total conversion mods, however, rarely work perfectly as they are, but there are many total conversions that have been converted specifically for GP32 (eg. My Goldeneye wad, falken's Western, Half life and others)

On my page you have Doom shareware, GPDoom and all of the best PWADS I made for you so all you need to play Doom and his mods! :D
Ask me if you have a problem to make them work!
Enjoy! :D

Little guide to extra WADS:

Western - quite good, although a bit frustrating unless you know exactly what you are looking for, which you most likely won't do

Half-Life - Only play this if you have played the original otherwise you will have no idea what is going on, pretty good but only 4 or 5 levels so far

Goldeneye - Again, preferable to play N64 original first so you know where to go. Quite faithful although a few things have had o be changed, dont expect anything mind blowing

The final one is a jungle one, which i can't remember the name of, available at Falkens site I think, it is annoying because i can't find my way out of the first level, the grass is a solid object so you cant walkthrough it

My favourite of these ones would have to be Half-Life, and remember all these file have to be called DOOM2.WAD and you can only have 1 on ure card at a time because they act as the original game WADS

and remember all these file have to be called DOOM2.WAD and you can only have 1 on ure card at a time because they act as the original game WADS
Mattmagoo you're a newbee? :)
With PWADS you can have all wads you want on only one smc.
You just have to get Doom 1 or Doom 2 full or shareware and after that you put all pwads you want in EXTRAWAD in GPDoom.
And you don't need to call it DOOM2.WAD because DOOM2.WAD is the original of Doom 2! :)
You call them any name you want.

Your guide is somehow not very worth trusting! :)

Go to my site and you'll understant what I mean. :)

I've been trying some tc for the pc version of doom. At the moment they all work except nintendo and starwars doom(although starwars does change the weapons in goldeneye).Some are ok but some are just dire. Ow and Mr twit Im trying to sort out the osama doom

Why would starwars change weapons in golden eye whereas you have to use starwars with ORIGINAL DOOM I FULL? ;)

mr twit posted on Mar 11 2004 at 09:00 PM said:
Yes, of course you can play the full version. You just need the full version wad file (which you won't find any links to here :p ).
Mods will work. Total conversion mods, however, rarely work perfectly as they are, but there are many total conversions that have been converted specifically for GP32 (eg. My Goldeneye wad, falken's Western, Half life and others)
Where can I get the Goldeneye WAD that has been converted for GP32? Also does it work as an extra wad or do you have to re-name it to "doom2" to get to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Drumaster,

I looked on your site and it looks like you have a copy of the GP32 BLU? It looks so much better than either the non-FLU and the FLU. How did you get one already. I'm still waiting for mine.

Back