A Few General Questions About Gp2X F-200

renejr902

Website
Visit site
i try to buy all handheld console that i dont have. My gp2x F-100 is broken since some months and i want to buy the F-200 to replace it

1. Is the d-pad really better than F-100

2. Is the nes emulator have a option for fullscreen stretching ( i cant remember that, i play too often with my gp32nlu and gp32 has a nes full stretching option)

3. Which firmware is better , i heard that f-200 have problem with some emulators when using some firmware version.

4. IS there a way to make the difference of the 2 gp2x F-200 LCD SCREEN version. i heard that a newer edition come with a brighter lcd. it seem true when i look on youtube.

5. Is the gamegear emulator have Now a option for fullscreen stretching. it was something i was disappointed some months ago.

6. i had a gp32 blu some years ago. I want to buy another one to complete my collection. I want to know if the gp32 lcd screen was bright like the gp2x lcd screen. if not, how much brighter is the gp2x lcd screen VS the gp32 . IF YOU CAN TEST I WILL APPRECIATE IT. maybe i will not buy a blu if the backlight is not really good compared to gp2x. i already have a gp32 nlu and flu.

Thanks for answer.

Hi :)
renejr902 said:
No, it's only a different kind of crap IMO :(
3. Which firmware is better , i heard that f-200 have problem with some emulators when using some firmware version.
FW 4.0 is the worst thing on Earth ! Use Open2X DR 7 instead :)

Bye, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
renejr902 said:
i try to buy all handheld console that i dont have. My gp2x F-100 is broken since some months and i want to buy the F-200 to replace it

Definitely. It could be better though, especially if you like fighting games.

renejr902 said:

Open2X! I haven't encountered any compatibility issues and it is a real improvement of the OF.

1. i don't have any problem with it

2. yes, both software and hardware scaling

3. Open2X. You lose only ogm playing and using the gp2x as SD card reader

4. look at the back of the gp2x. if it says F200 ( B ) then it's the newer, if not, then it's the same lcd as the f100 but with a added touchscreen film. (as far as i know. Don't know if it's brighter or not)

5. seems it does :D http://www.gp32wip.com/proyectos.php?cat=1 (look at the menu screenshot)

6. don't have a gp32 but i can see the image, outside in a cloudy day, as clearly, as indoors, but not that clearly with a bright sun. (F200 ( B )

thanks for answers guys. i just need a answer about gp32 blu brightness VS gp2x brightness

But i have another question. Can i install open2x firmware on any F-200. even the F-200 with firmware 4.0 or 4.1 on it ?

You can install the Open2X firmware on any GP2X in existence. The F100 version works for all F100 models and same for the F200 version.

And I actually like the DPAD but not for fighting games. For shooters it is excellent actually. You can get extremely precise control.

For now i will buy a gp32 Blu. In oct-november i will buy the gp2x F-200 to test it. if i like it i will keep it.

The gp2x-200 is the only opens-source handheld that i have never own. i have to test it. i love the wiz, but the screen is small

renejr902 said:
For now i will buy a gp32 Blu. In oct-november i will buy the gp2x F-200 to test it. if i like it i will keep it.

The gp2x-200 is the only opens-source handheld that i have never own. i have to test it. i love the wiz, but the screen is small

yes agreed. the Wiz screen is small compared to original gp2x models.. :(

Back