A Few Questions Before I Pre-order One...

Christian

Still Fresh
1. Do I have to convert mp3's before putting it on the SD Card???

2. Are GBA Roms possible( and how) to I get them on the GPx32 :huh:

3. Will there be many FPShooters? :( That's a must :rolleyes:

4. And are there really cool features that I don't know of...

5. Finally...I heard it was supposed to be under $200. Where will I be able to buy this from? I live in USA in Texas...Thanks Guys... :)

1. Nope :D. unless you want to convert it to another format

2. i think you may be a little confused

Gp32 - yes, gba roms are possible, just put them on the card and load up the emulator, but it sint very good

Gp2x - i dont know, it is not yet released, but i'd guess so with time

3. i dunno how many fps there wil be

4. Umm... i dno what features you know... theres e-book.m ovie player, mp23 player.... games...... TV-out

5. Gp2x is not yet released

for a gp32, try www.gp32z.com or gbax.com

1 No
2 yes, easy
3 doom, doom 2, final doom, quake, quake 2, mods (500+), rise of the triad, duke nukem 3d, err them 2 megadrive games, Wolfenstein 3d (Halo? :p )
4 err... what do you know? TV Out
5 gp32z.com

1. Convert? Nope, it will play mp3's just fine. Unconverted.
2. I don't see why not. Someone needs to code an emulator though.
3. No idea. Doom? Quake?
4. How are we supposed to know which cool features you know and don't know about?
5. US = Order from www.gp32Z.com

1) No.

2) Not possible until a GBA emulator is released (but if/when there is one, you would just copy/paste the *.gba files across to the SD card).

3) Quake for sure (not immediately on launch)...Aleph One (Marathon and variants) and Doom perhaps?

4) The pinned FAQ should cover everything.

5) In the US, www.gp32z.com ($189, a free pre-order item is planned)

Aww, and I bought the ASR carry bag for $9.99 along with my order too. Guess the BLU is getting it's own case...

Alpha2 posted on Sep 23 2005 at 03:51 PM said:
preorder item is a carry case.

(for the sake of clarity, this is from GP32z.com)

Hmmm, I pre-ordered mine using the order page, I only now saw the "send an email to..." note on the front page. I hope it's not too late?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this applied to everyone who preordered before the announcment was made... I suppose if you got the confirmation letter then you'll get the case as long as you pay before the end of the month.

Alpha2 posted on Sep 24 2005 at 11:33 PM said:
I think this applied to everyone who preordered before the announcment was made... I suppose if you got the confirmation letter then you'll get the case as long as you pay before the end of the month.
Nope, I have no confirmation letter, but then I ordered on the 18th, which may have been too late.

[Edit]
I ordered and payed though Paypal, meaning that gp32z should already have gotten my payment.

[Edit #2]
Just sent them an email asking for info, got this reply:
Dear consumer,

Your preorder has been recognized and have been added to our preorder list. Further information will be available upon release date.

Best regards,
David
So I guess I'm OK :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back