A Few Questions For You Guys...

Pinballwzd

I have a few questions I hope someone can answer...

1) How to do re-set the login password - admin settings.. I initially set it up for password but I now would like to change that so that there is no request for password when loging on.

2) Where do I get mplayer and where do I place the codec pack.

3) Lastly, when I set up an emulator in mmenu, I have the folder set up as pandora/mmenu/ ( then the emulator file ).
I then have a folder that I name for the emulator for the roms.
Is this the best way of doing it ? or do I have it backwards...

I ask as I had snes working but then I started it up to play today and when I click in mmenu on the snes icon, it resets mmenu and does not load the emulator.

I appreciate and help, either answers or redirect to other threads that might help.

Cheers,

David

Eisner said:
2) Where do I get mplayer and where do I place the codec pack.

The codec pack can be placed pretty much anywhere. I would place it in /pandora/apps on your sd if you are using minimenu. Then just delete it when you are finished running it. The codec pack also installs mplayer for you, so you don't need to worry about finding it.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.. I am really working on figuring out this unit.. When you have been a PC guy all your life, you are use to being spoon everything..
But I appreciate and further direct or re-directed help...

David...

Eisner said:
Thank you.. I am really working on figuring out this unit.. When you have been a PC guy all your life, you are use to being spoon everything..

David...

For the Minimenu stuff, you'll probably have to ask skeezix, or someone who uses it more than me. As for 1), I just checked on My Pandora. In Xfce, go to Settings>>Startup. (not Settings>>Session and Startup) It should ask you for your password. Once you enter it, it should give you 4 choices, one of which is enabling or disabling auto login.

-God Ginrai

Thank you.. Thoes 2 issues are resolved. Now I just have to figure out mmenu and the folder struction.
Not quite sure why SNES worked and then now it always just kicks me back to the mmenu ?

David...

Eisner said:
Thank you.. Thoes 2 issues are resolved. Now I just have to figure out mmenu and the folder struction.
Not quite sure why SNES worked and then now it always just kicks me back to the mmenu ?

David...

Be careful getting rid of your password completely. The Pandora runs an SSH server as default so if you have no password anybody around you with wifi could theoretically log in to your Pandora and wipe pretty much everything. If you keep the password but enable auto-login (from settings-->starup (? I dont remember, I dont have my Pandora right now)) then you will not have to enter your password every time you turn on your pandora, only every time you try and do something which could be 'dangerous'.

God Ginrai said:
Eisner said:

David...

For the Minimenu stuff, you'll probably have to ask skeezix, or someone who uses it more than me. As for 1), I just checked on My Pandora. In Xfce, go to Settings>>Startup. (not Settings>>Session and Startup) It should ask you for your password. Once you enter it, it should give you 4 choices, one of which is enabling or disabling auto login.

-God Ginrai

Hello,

I tried this and for some reason, it is still asking for my username/password when I re-boot the pandora.
I tried changing the default GUI to MMenu and that did work but the auto login section did not take...

Any ideas ?

David...

Eisner said:
God Ginrai said:
Eisner said:

David...

-God Ginrai

Hello,

I tried this and for some reason, it is still asking for my username/password when I re-boot the pandora.
I tried changing the default GUI to MMenu and that did work but the auto login section did not take...

Any ideas ?

David...

:\ Not sure. I had mine set to not ask for password from the beginning. Have you tried asking people in #openpandora? A lot of devs hang out in there as well as plenty of people who have received their Pandoras. Maybe they might be able to help you.

-God Ginrai

Back