GP2X A Few Questions...

Dimension

Still Fresh
Hi! I just attempted to install the devkit added the path of the binarys into the path environment variable under windows attempted to open the makefile with minisys. tried to compile sing command prompt. Then I installed dev C++ installed it word for word and tried to compile the demo program as it said to and have had no luck and get a ton of compiler errors stating that such and such was not in the scope of blah.h. I know what all of this means but I still don't see why Im getting the errors. By the way minisys gives me and error saying that it can't find rxts.exe(I think) and some other one. is there something im missing? I feel really noobish for asking these questions as ive installed many compilers ide's no problem. I have gcc installed on my computer for cryin out loud! If someone could help me I would be forever grateful!!!

Sorry. I got a little impatient for some reason I guess. I have sdl working with devcpp for indows compilation and still have to get 2x compilation working fortunately Im pretty sure I know wwhat I did wrong last night. sorry. I was a little anxious last night to get started,lol Thanks!

Edit heres the compiler error I get:

cannot find -lsmpeg
ld returned 1 exit status
C:\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\projects\Makefile.gp2x [Build Error] [sdltest.gpe] Error 1

THis is when compiling a gpe file. If you can let me know what im doing wrong that be great!

You need libsmpeg for the gp2x. You might need to manually build it using Dev-C++. This can get tricky. Create a dev for a static library.

Sorry. I got a little impatient for some reason I guess. I have sdl working with devcpp for indows compilation and still have to get 2x compilation working fortunately Im pretty sure I know wwhat I did wrong last night. sorry. I was a little anxious last night to get started,lol Thanks!

Edit heres the compiler error I get:

cannot find -lsmpeg
ld returned 1 exit status
C:\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\projects\Makefile.gp2x [Build Error] [sdltest.gpe] Error 1

THis is when compiling a gpe file. If you can let me know what im doing wrong that be great!
Do you need libsmpeg? Else simply remove it from your linker step (project->project options->parameters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back