A Few Questions

Ummo

Still Fresh
Hi! first, sorry for my very bad english. I am very interested with the Pandora console, is awesome!! :D My questions are:
1.- I am on time for ordering a first batch or i am late?
2.- If i buy the Pandora, what items will be in the box? (cables S-Video/composite, charger, etc)
3.- What is the pay metod? Credit card or what?
4.- I can only use sd cards, or i can use mini sd with adaptor?
5.- I can use any emulator that already works with a Linux OS, or i only can use the emulators ports for Pandora?

Thank you for all!! B)

Ummo said:
Hi! first, sorry for my very bad english. I am very interested with the Pandora console, is awesome!! :D My questions are:
2.- If i buy the Pandora, what items will be in the box? (cables S-Video/composite, charger, etc)
5.- I can use any emulator that already works with a Linux OS, or i only can use the emulators ports for Pandora?

Thank you for all!! B)

Hi Ummo, and welcome to the boards,

1.) you can try to order one from the first batch. Yesterday someone else got in. So it might be still possible.
2.) There will be a charger and the Pandora. Maybe a CD with the handbook. The TVout cable and case have to be purchased seperately.
3.) You can send the money in advance or use your credit card, I think. But I am not completely sure as I ordered in Germany.
4.) You should be able to use miniSDs with an adapter without a problem.
5.) You can use the emulatorports for Pandora, because they are the most optimized for the system. Other Linux emus have to be portet if they are not in the angstrom repositories. But almost every emulator possible was ported to Pandora already. Every System you want to emulate has its emulator portet. And if not just ask politeley on the boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummo said:

Thank you for all!! B)

1. You might still get one, ask openpandorasales@gmail.com
  2. If I remember correctly, a power adapter, a USB cord and a quickstart manual. The tv-out cable is sold separately.
  3. Credit card, bank transfer and google checkout IIRC. Ask the address above.
  4. I see no reason why mini- or mocro-sd cards would not work using an SD adapter
  5. It has to be compiled for the ARM CPU. Also if the emulator uses opengl or some other hardware dependent library, it will require changes to the source code to port.
Don't quote me on these. Those are just off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you mcobit and B-ZaR for your fast response, is very usefull!! :D

Back