A Name For New Upcoming Pandora Zine

Ive checked few and i see the same font problem [ scalling is awfull ]

intheboxalpha0020502200lq2.png

with tahoma font looks better

intheboxalpha0020502200eg1.png

What about using the ones from Gargoyle?

The default font for Gargoyle is Bitstream Charter and Luxi Mono. Two vastly underrated fonts that I find just perfect for screen reading.

Karel Jansens said:
So why not going all-out retro and pick a lame, eighties nerdy name
"Pandora pawer" was a play on that, like "amiga power", but it wasn't very good :D

another +1 for PandorAdorer. I'm not letting it go :D

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing these shots on a eee 901 I can honestly say antialiasing will allow smaller font use while still being readable. In fact subpixel shading would be even better. Of course, I wouldn't expect this at first release.

Great idea BTW!

+1 to "Hellolo"

You ought to try simpler, clearer fonts, like these:

fontsmu3.gif

I'd also advise against the scanlines at the top and at the bottom; scanlines are always hard on the eyes, and since this will be a reading magazine it will be an especially bad choice to put them in.

I like the idea of making it a standalone app, all the more tied to the scene. Good luck!

Alex. said:
You ought to try simpler, clearer fonts, like these:

fontsmu3.gif

I'd also advise against the scanlines at the top and at the bottom; scanlines are always hard on the eyes, and since this will be a reading magazine it will be an especially bad choice to put them in.

I like the idea of making it a standalone app, all the more tied to the scene. Good luck!
Verdana this time

intheboxalpha0020502200ah6.png

verdnana , yellow

intheboxalpha0020502200ab8.png

BTW. I think werdana looks good rignt now... as font for reading..

"All About The Box"
"Inside Pandora's Box"
"Unleashing Pandora's Box"
"Smells Like Pandora" (90's style)
"Pandorabusters" (80's Style)
"Pandoradancing" (70's Style)
"Pandoralove" (60's Style)

Hellollo

definitely. Inside the box is such a boring name. Hellollo has an "historical" reference to the project.

"Pandunity"

Also, please stop the blue background. My eyes are bleeding :ph34r:

Ok, I have to put this out there... On the western side of the pond "The Box" is a reference to the area between a woman's legs. Now, I find it a bit amusing to talk about things "Inside the Box" or "Outside the Box", however it may not be completely appropriate... maybe... I guess it depends if you think it applies to the community or you have a sense of humor (or both).

"Hey, what are you reading?"
"Oh, just whats going on 'Inside the Box'..."
"Hmm, pretty bad you have to read about it..."

Just another 2 cents added to the mix.

Respectfully,
Viridior

-1 for hellollo, I reckon. Memes and in-jokes are really unwelcoming, they make new folk feel left out. They have the added disadvantage of making me want to hit people :D

sortableturnip said:
"Inside Pandora's Box"
(snigger)

I guess somebody must've already said "Pandorama" or something? No?

I got "OK Pandora". Anyone?

If one more person suggests Pandamonium and Pandorama.... grr...

How about

• Pandaddict
• Kung Fu Pandora
• Let me outta here
• Pandora pro

Personally, I like Pandaddict.

-1 for "hellollo". It sounds stupid and I don't see how it's relevant. I'm guessing it's some kind of inside joke? By the way, who suggested it? I've looked at the first few pages of this thread, and I can't find it.

I like the "Pandomonium" idea best, or failing that, "Inside the Box" is good too.

Maybe you should make a poll of all the names that have been suggested to so far; it might make the votes easier to count.

quartercast said:
If one more person suggests Pandamonium and Pandorama.... grr...
Hehe. How's about "The Pan Handle" Get the handle on everything pan handling every week.

Back