A Nintendo Ds Picture

I for one intend to wait untill the smoke clears before i choose, IF i choose (the gp gets more and more resons to stay).
having said that, i admit to favor the psp more- better hardware, pc connection and better target audience in mind (nintendo keeps pumping kiddy games recently)

ronnieB

'darkseed 2' actually, pubjoe
i figured i deserved a prize for completing that aweful game, so i ripped it from one of the movie files :)

ronnieB

pubjoe posted on May 12 2004 at 10:43 AM said:
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the map screen. Wario ware seems to make good use of it though.

I thought that surely they'd let the screens flip All the way around like this: /\ (if you know what I mean). So you could play Chess, Advance wars, Turnbased/Realtime (almost) games head-to-head. That would have been brilliant (especially if both screens were touch-screens), ah well.
That would mean half as many DS's sold :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pubjoe posted on May 12 2004 at 10:43 AM said:
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the map screen. Wario ware seems to make good use of it though.

I thought that surely they'd let the screens flip All the way around like this: /\ (if you know what I mean). So you could play Chess, Advance wars, Turnbased/Realtime (almost) games head-to-head. That would have been brilliant (especially if both screens were touch-screens), ah well.
Yeah, as you say though, the top screen would have to be touch sensitive. And I'm not so keen on letting other people smear their fingers over my stuff:)

That sounded....dirty.....

the DS looks like if you dropped it it would bounce back unscathed.
the PSP looks like of you put it down with too much force it'd shatter into a million pieces........

Am I the only one who thinks the opposite? I like the DS shape slightly, but the plastic they are using looks gaudy and cheap. :(

RoboJoe32 posted on May 13 2004 at 05:23 PM said:
Am I the only one who thinks the opposite? I like the DS shape slightly, but the plastic they are using looks gaudy and cheap. :(
oh man yeah.
PSP pwnz for design anyway.

DemonStar55 posted on May 13 2004 at 08:50 PM said:
Skop posted on May 11 2004 at 10:45 AM said:
looks a lot like a 'game & watch'
yea it does
*fond memories of the game and watch*

does anyone else think that by having so-called 'kiddie games' that nintendo is stealthing the adult market? surely it's only kiddies that would complain about 'kiddie games'... ?

hehe, give the man a prize. I think you may have cracked the marketing sgtartegy of Nintendo!!! I LOVE games like MonkeyBall, Mario 64 and Harvest Moon and I'm twenty, they seem to be aiming at the adult market in a VERY subtle way.

I will proboly get me a DS just to play some games that are similar to my favorite N64 games...
getting roms is going to get really long realy soon with over 1 gig cartridges... sad, I might have to buy stuff

~Octavious

Back