A Pickle With My Psp.

Shadow of Chaos

Website
Visit site
Just thought id ask for advice here.

The problem is that i have some dead pixels on my psp, some in the left bottom corner and one or two towards the middle. Obviously they are so small it is hard to notice them usually, i only notice them when the screen is dark.

I was thinking of getting a replacement, the shop i got it from agreed.. the only problem now is that they still arent in stock, and firmware 2.01 is coming out any time now and will spoil homebrew for it. So how do i know im not going to get a 2.01 when, and if i do get it replaced?

i managed to get the homebrew stuff working finally (it was easy) and i like it, but dont want to lose it either.

what to do?

Some shops let test system and check if there's dead pixels, maybe should do that and look at what firmware is while checked for dead pixel to make sure which one it is. Since fagness of dead pixel inevitable idiotor is gitted and should replace for better oned cause piggerly annoying :( otherwise judgment day occur wafa and eat pitted prunes all day.

Well the thing is I wouldnt ex;ect the 2.01s to be in stores too soon, you'd probably have more chance to be worried if you sent it to sony for the replacement. If you;re just going to the store and changing it there, then if they get restocked before the end of the month you should be okay, Sony's not going to pull a half million units back that might alredy be in boxes to reinstal the newer FW after just getting a bunch out with 2.0.

Thomas Dequinas posted on Oct 3 2005 at 02:40 AM said:
Some shops let test system and check if there's dead pixels, maybe should do that and look at what firmware is while checked for dead pixel to make sure which one it is. Since fagness of dead pixel inevitable idiotor is gitted and should replace for better oned cause piggerly annoying :( otherwise judgment day occur wafa and eat pitted prunes all day.

Wtf is an inevitable idiotor?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming Thomas uses bable fish or something similar for his english text. It has a tendancy to lose clarity with complicated sentences just like that.

my advice to you would be to get that dead pixel movie thing,

and leave it running A LONG ASS TIME

i cleared my screen up but it took A LONG ASS TIME

LOL, yes, i´ve heard this movie will remove most dead pixels if you let it rumn for about 2 days in a row.

Good luck that none of my PSPs had any...

hi

thanks for replies, i can get replacement at the shop tomorow. So it will still be 2.0 then? :) now i have to upgrade it to 2.0 again since i made it a 1.5, i hope they cant find out lol

Alpha2 posted on Oct 3 2005 at 07:19 AM said:
I'm assuming Thomas uses bable fish or something similar for his english text. It has a tendancy to lose clarity with complicated sentences just like that.

I've been wondering what 'piggerly' and 'gitted' meant. Cool words actually :)

sensible GP32 posted on Oct 3 2005 at 11:08 AM said:
my advice to you would be to get that dead pixel movie thing,

and leave it running A LONG ASS TIME

i cleared my screen up but it took A LONG ASS TIME

that actually works?? i tried it for an hour and they were still dead

It doesn't work with dead pixels, just with stuck ones.

But I let it run for about 4 hours, and still no fix :(

CUPC4KES posted on Oct 3 2005 at 07:44 PM said:
how can i tell between stuck and dead? i have one thats white all the time and one thats an orangey colour, white dead, orange stuck?!
mine are all white, so must be dead, and orange stuck i guess..

a dead pixel is technically one that will not light. a stuck pixel with is generally the problem that has been plaguing the PSP is one that stays lit in one color. People jsut clung to the "dead pixel" name because they didn't feel like differentiating between them after a while and most assume it cant be fixed anyway so it might as well be dead.

It was my impression that this video was only to FIND those pixels not FIX them. Personally I fear using it as I'd expect it moreso to actually cause MORE than fix them but I guess it's a "use at your own risk" situation as we dont even know what causes them in the first place.

And yeah I havent heard anything about them installing 2.01 right now it's just a rumor that they're preparing it (though you know they will have it eventually just because of the downgrader) so the ones in stock should still be 2.0 as far as I can tell, Just hurry up if you're going to do it.

well i got the replacement, except it still has dead pixels.. or stuck, if you will.

There are even one or two orange ones too this time, unlike my last one.. and they are more around the center of the screen this time instead of bottom left.

I ran that stuck pixel video fixer thingy for about 5 mins it didnt do anything, if you ask me i dont think it can help at all.

They said at the shop that if i need another replacement, i need to phone the helpline for sony so i suppose id have to send it off and i would end up with a firmware 2.01, so i guess im stuck with this one.

I dont think there's been an official 2.01 announcement yet. A quick google check only lists rumors, and nothing firm about firmware... EDIT

Strike that I just read that jap 2.01 is out as of oct. 2nd.

I think you should get it replaced and do it right now. The only way current stock could be 2.01 is if retailers paid a load of staff to sit and upgrade hundreds upon hundreds of PSP's over night.

Chances are you'll land yourself a 1.52 or a 2.00 but like someone else suggested just ask for a replacement and while your checking it have a quick peak at the version no.

Thats assuming you can take it back to the store. If you can keep trying but sending it to sony now is a risk. The good part is the 2.01 seems only official for japan right now but the US/other territories one could be mere days away now.

Back