A Short Fairytale

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarath

Once apon a forum blue ...
There was a nerd who had followed this project since it first started, remember back then? The hope. The air of wonder.
"A tiny little linux desktop in my pocket!" he squeeeed "I will be able to play away the dull hours of work, study, transport" I thought.
Awsome_Smiley_Cat.jpg

A little box of love, sat waiting to be hacked, tinkered with, modded, tickled, fondled. An device that sort of defined mobile linux computing, made by the community, not over priced.
wow, those were exiting times, remember?
happy_cat.jpg

"Ill be able to whip this thing out in the pub, or write whereever I like, whenever I like" He would sing.
And best of all it was coming soon, so soon, it would be here, in his sweaty hands, in his linty pockets, catching crumbs from his sandwiches and using other people's internets.
sadcat.jpg

Sigh

Then reality reared its head and so began the waiting and waiting and sighing and moaning and loss of faith and the time slipped away. 2009 already, can it really be 10 years since the matrix?

This was the most exiting project in a long time, but the farce has been going on for too long.
whoa.png

He hope so much that there will be a 1st batch, then a 2nd and then a huge run of little pandas so he can own one eventually.

Eject_eject_eject.jpg

The end, I'm off to go put my refund towards buying a firewall.

p.s. The pandora people nice people, they gave my money back as soon as i asked so people should really stop thinking this in any sort of scam. Most big 'trusted' companies are sticky barstools when it comes to refunds!

A nice story, nearly the same as mine. The only difference is I got a refund early, even before I knew it would be delayed.
And yeah, it isn't a scam, you can trust Craig :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back