A Small Request Plz

zohnnyg

i see in videos that shooting games like donpachi are being played horizontally. people say its too small to be played vertically. i dont want to play a vertical scrolling shooter horizontally. all im asking is to please give the player the option to play vertically or horizontally. with both full screen vertical options and original aspect vertical options. theres nothing wrong with giving players the choice to play how they like. i do it on my psp and its not too small for me.

another thing is for emulators. please give us the option to assign control buttons for the games to the buttons we want. a default option that the dev assigns would be good too. being able to map buttons to pandora ourselves would be good. i have my own way i would set up the controls for the psx emulator on pandora for instance.

also some say that a comicbook reader and pdf reader would be too small for pandoras screen. i disagree because i read comics on my psp. i think it would work fine on pandora. also give us viewing options to read turn pages scroll pages and zoom as we like.

plz plz ty

Thank you very much for your wonderful suggestions. I imagine all those features will be implemented. If not, perhaps you could suggest it to the developer of the particular emulator/application you'll be using.

(This thread would be slightly less out of place in general.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pandora is already getting like a zillion software packages from the BeagleBoard and anything else that can be ported to ARM. the comic book and PDF reader are probably already available.

edit: And why would you assume there wouldn't be an option to change the button setup on any of the emulators that will be available? We haven't even played them yet. Calm down.

sorry i thought the dev section was where you can talk to people working on emulation.

Well, there's a lot of development besides emulators [native games, alternate OSes, maybe]

:blink: but I still find it a little odd that you asked for a certain feature on software that almost none of us have used.
I mean.. For all we know, they've already had those features. lol...

zohnnyg said:
also some say that a comicbook reader and pdf reader would be too small for pandoras screen.
Who said this? Because we've already had more than one discussion which involved comic book or pdf readers that'll be ported to Pandora (if they haven't already) when the time comes.

zohnnyg said:
sorry i thought the dev section was where you can talk to people working on emulation.
I was under the impression the Dev section was for developers, not regular people like you or me (not that we can't ask a question of the devs, but in their thread, not as a new thread).

It is probably best to PM the person actually working on the emulator.

You can make up a standard letter and mail it to each emulator dev if you want.

Usually the devs will create a thread asking for feedback if they want feedback.

Most of the emulators on the GP2X had multiple video modes, when they actually ran fast enough to play.

If the emu is only 12 fps there is no need for fixing the display or the menu, because it isn't really playable.

Tobriand said:
Ok, you'll all have noticed there isn't a Cool Ideas and Other Wishes forum for Pandora yet. That doesn't give everyone licence to post port requests in the developer zone. The developer zone is for developers to talk about how they are getting on with particular projects, ask for help on them, discuss technical details, and, on occasion, for everyone else to say how cool that is. It's not where you ask for ports.

That said, if you're a developer and you want to talk about a port of a piece of software you're doing for Pandora, that is, of course, fine for here. It's just the topics that are along the lines of "xxxxx would be really cool - can anyone port it?"

Thank you all.

- Toby

found it.

Back