A Spectrum of Pyra Renders

Hmm I would like my Pyra to be red (like in the pitch page) with bright green highlight parts (nubs, shoulder buttons) so it can have the same color scheme as the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character of the same name :)

Interesting - I wonder if he had the time to browse through this 10 page thread. Likely he had more pressing things to take care of...
Well, that is the nice thing about this thread: you don't have to flip though all the pages to see the renders, just click on the spoiler button on the first posting.

i think i tried to update it, and there was so much going on that the post was glitching out. didn't want to accidentally erase any previous work, so i didn't ever hit save...

You know, all these colors look great. But I got sold to the Pyra by its dark red appearance, after all its capabilities. With its name, I do feel like a "hot" color like red fits better overall. So that's kinda the "version" I expect to hold into my hands one day.

Would I take another color? Sure. It's the capabilities that matter, not the appearance. I would hope it's not a loud color though. Having to look at that all the time would become eye straining. Not to mention that anything you can see from a mile away, can be seen a mile away by anyone. I'd not want that kind of attention. It is a mobile device after all. Not something to bury in my tech cave.

I love messing with this... :D

pyragold.png

Edit: I should do the nubs and dpad in silver...

"Interesting - I wonder if he had the time to browse through this 10 page thread. Likely he had more pressing things to take care of..." Hello there guys. I have done this from the time i saw the forum.There are some colors that can be done and some that cannot be done from my side.Sorry for the delay answering.There were lot of things happening.Everything is fine now .Allready fixinng some more issues that the molds having for production.I am talking with ED for that .Next week i will manage to send more samples and videos with the changes to ED and as soon everything is fine ED will inform you.About the colors there a lot of nice ideas here ,Some can be done cause we corporate with the company that can create the color that we want and it needs to be specilazied for the Matterial we are using to make the Pyra.Some colors i had seen here though are Special paint that cannot be done from the Injection machines.It is good to continue of what you people are doin here with your ideas about the colors and if there are a lot more will be nice if there can be a Poll .That way i can go with this Data to the companie that i am corporate with about the colors and see what can be done.First time for me to see this magic goin on with the comunity helping completing a project and i loved it to the Bone.I will try to be more active here .

"Interesting - I wonder if he had the time to browse through this 10 page thread. Likely he had more pressing things to take care of..." Hello there guys. I have done this from the time i saw the forum.There are some colors that can be done and some that cannot be done from my side.Sorry for the delay answering.There were lot of things happening.Everything is fine now .Allready fixinng some more issues that the molds having for production.I am talking with ED for that .Next week i will manage to send more samples and videos with the changes to ED and as soon everything is fine ED will inform you.About the colors there a lot of nice ideas here ,Some can be done cause we corporate with the company that can create the color that we want and it needs to be specilazied for the Matterial we are using to make the Pyra.Some colors i had seen here though are Special paint that cannot be done from the Injection machines.It is good to continue of what you people are doin here with your ideas about the colors and if there are a lot more will be nice if there can be a Poll .That way i can go with this Data to the companie that i am corporate with about the colors and see what can be done.First time for me to see this magic goin on with the comunity helping completing a project and i loved it to the Bone.I will try to be more active here .
Thank you for the information! It's nice to see someone so passionate about a costumers, that they go directly to the community that will buy it.
I think ED should pick out a few colors and then have the community vote for them in a poll. But I also think that there should be a safe neutral black version for those who are not pleased with whatever color gets picked. Maybe we can only afford one color to begin with in which I think a less radical color should be picked. Like black or grey.

Sounds good so far. :) Out of curiosity, what is the most durable/rugged and sturdy material you can offer for the Pyra case (independent of colour)?

Oooohh... :D
...noooooo! :D

Sounds good so far. :) Out of curiosity, what is the most durable/rugged and sturdy material you can offer for the Pyra case (independent of colour)?
The best one is a blended matterial (ABS + Polycarbonate),But Polycarbonate Alone will do the job too.Both of them though needs to have V0 inside for the item not get burned.Plastics though are evolving all the time.we might have something new in later years but all the Big Companies like Resinex,Bisterfield and others they have Cartificates for this Matterials to be the best ones for this kind of job

Yeah, I remember. ED spoke alot about Polycarbonate in the past. Not sure if this still is a thing for Pyra but it would be great. We also had a discussion about carbon fibre enhanced plastic materials but not sure if this is even affordable. Modern plastic materials are indeed an interesting field. During my time at the german army, the G36 rifle was introduced and it is basicly an Assault Rifle with alot of plastic material for the outer parts. No clue what exaclty they used but it must have been some extremely tough stuff. ^^"

Probably ABS I'd have thought for a gun. ABS deformed plastically further than polycarbonate, I assume. Polycarbonate goes quite a long way before it fails, but when it fails it tends to shatter. Last time I checked, they used ABS in riot shields for its handling characteristics. Maybe they're using blended ABS+poly these days though, I'm probably out of touch with that stuff.

As far as I've been paying attention, they're still using polycarbonate for all of the current Pyra case tests, including the ones with inclusions. I can imagine using a blend of materials might make getting just the right colour a little more tricky.

Yeah, I remember. ED spoke alot about Polycarbonate in the past. Not sure if this still is a thing for Pyra but it would be great. We also had a discussion about carbon fibre enhanced plastic materials but not sure if this is even affordable. Modern plastic materials are indeed an interesting field. During my time at the german army, the G36 rifle was introduced and it is basicly an Assault Rifle with alot of plastic material for the outer parts. No clue what exaclty they used but it must have been some extremely tough stuff. ^^"
I have carbon fiber but is from a customer that found it and was a special order for a unique job.The price was 58 euros per kilo XD and minimum order was 2600 kilos . Anyway though Carbon fiber aint good for pyra , couple of technical reasons when it has to do with the Density and injection.About "G36 Assault Rifle with alot of plastic material for the outer parts" i am not the special here on that subject but i guess was Acetal :p

Bundeswehr? Bakelite probably.
No, but everything else they use, probably. xD

Polycarbonate goes quite a long way before it fails, but when it fails it tends to shatter.
I wonder what they used for the old Pandora case (I have a 1. Batch one). It's an extremly poor plastic, brittle and for sure nothing a case should be made out of it.

The price was 58 euros per kilo XD and minimum order was 2600 kilos
UFF! o_O
Polycarbonate is totaly fine then! :oops:
...in Gunmetal Grey... ;)

Probably ABS I'd have thought for a gun. ABS deformed plastically further than polycarbonate, I assume. Polycarbonate goes quite a long way before it fails, but when it fails it tends to shatter. Last time I checked, they used ABS in riot shields for its handling characteristics. Maybe they're using blended ABS+poly these days though, I'm probably out of touch with that stuff.

As far as I've been paying attention, they're still using polycarbonate for all of the current Pyra case tests, including the ones with inclusions. I can imagine using a blend of materials might make getting just the right colour a little more tricky.

ABS+PC is been used on most Weapons and mobile devices.There are a lot of plastics but each plastic is specialized for the item you want to create cause each plastic has deferend characteristics.Also there are deferend Sors in the Same matterial that you can buy,For example PC with 21 Sor, PC with 7 Sor Etc... There is also a big part that plays role buying matterials from Deferend companies .In my expiriance i had test lots of times Having the Same matterial (PA) with the same characteristics but been from deferend companies and having deferend production .So when it has to do with the Plastic you need to have the correct companies to work with giving you the correct matterial so you can create a nice product without having problems in the production.
[doublepost=1556829594,1556829356][/doublepost]
No, but everything else they use, probably. xD

UFF! o_O
Polycarbonate is totaly fine then! :oops:

...in Gunmetal Grey... ;)
I still have some left and ofcorse i will do some tests after i complete my first production .When that happens i will send those samples to ED so he can choose were to send Them ;) for free

Back