A Very Sad Story...

Mr.TwisT

Dear all,
Just as the world of open-source gaming opened it's glory to me, and I bought the wiz - today I had a tragedy. I arrived home for the holidays from university. Here I bought a new coat which is warm and pretty. However, the thing had one con - dreaded pockets. Today I decided to go outside for some fresh air, and put my 20day old wiz in my pocket. As I kneeled down to put on my shoes the console fell out... Now I am left with a wonderful piece of electronics spoiled by a broken screen. There is a HUGE crack going across the "tearing" part of the screen. Only one half lights up and is a mess. I may have to leave this scene for now, but does anyone know where to get a Wiz OLED screen?

Thank you in advance,
A very sad user...

Mr.TwisT said:
does anyone know where to get a Wiz OLED screen?

Try this:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49588-gph-after-sales-centre-opened/page__view__findpost__p__755532

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.TwisT said:
Dear all,
Just as the world of open-source gaming opened it's glory to me, and I bought the wiz - today I had a tragedy. I arrived home for the holidays from university. Here I bought a new coat which is warm and pretty. However, the thing had one con - dreaded pockets. Today I decided to go outside for some fresh air, and put my 20day old wiz in my pocket. As I kneeled down to put on my shoes the console fell out... Now I am left with a wonderful piece of electronics spoiled by a broken screen. There is a HUGE crack going across the "tearing" part of the screen. Only one half lights up and is a mess. I may have to leave this scene for now, but does anyone know where to get a Wiz OLED screen?

Thank you in advance,
A very sad user...

Hi Mr.TwisT,

Don´t be too worry about, there is a hope :) !

You can send it to Ms. Lee in the new opened AS Center in germany.
I´ve have a good contact to her, she is really friendly and helpful!
She will replace the OLED Screen (but have in mind, it will not be w/o
charge, because its not a warranty case).

Here the Adress:
Polytech & Net GmbH
Main : 49-6196-652-0049
Fax : 49-6196-95-26-1
ATTN : Ms. Lee
E-Mail as-europe@gp2x.com
HomePage : http://www.ptn-global.com

(Ask for Ms Lee...)

Best regards,
andY

Thanks! Do you think I could ask her to send me a screen separately? I do not want to send the whole unit - I disassembled it already and put it back together and I can replace the screen myself?

Mr.TwisT said:
Thanks! Do you think I could ask her to send me a screen separately? I do not want to send the whole unit - I disassembled it already and put it back together and I can replace the screen myself?
Not sure, because - as i know - she isn´t able to sell seperate spare parts, but of course you can ask for that!

I´m sure she´ll find a solution.

Much luck & best regards,

andY

I dropped my Wiz while waiting at a bus stop the first week I had it. Bounced off the concrete a few times, but no apparent damage sans a the finish being worn out in a little area where it first hit.

Back